Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is this one spot in our yard that my niece always loved to play in it after countless times of getting bit by ants.. Now I believe my 10 week old puppy has become to love this SAME spot and got eaten alive by ants :(( Is there anything I could put on them to help maybe? I feel bad poor baby!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ouch looks sore does it effect him though? is he itching or anything?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ouch looks sore does it effect him though? is he itching or anything?
No she doesn't seem to skip a beat. She's been playing outside all morning! She doesn't seem to like me to touch them much.. They're all over her i've been noticing. Under her arm is the worst but they are little bites all over her body!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
if she isnt itching or anything or seem uncomfortable I wouldnt do anything to it , putting a cream on can be messy and she could lick it off so if it isnt needed I wouldnt bother. If she starts to itch them or they break open then maybe put something on it , if they are really swollen looking and itchy can maybe try benadryl , at this point though i would just let it be and keep an eye on it.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
And make sure to keep her away from ants...
Fire ants are the worst, saw a really bad case a couple of years ago on a pretty little Pit girl that belongs to a friend of a friend. She rolled in a fire ant bed and lost most of her fur, still all scarred up--looks bad. Even after over 2 years. Just be careful :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And make sure to keep her away from ants...
Fire ants are the worst, saw a really bad case a couple of years ago on a pretty little Pit girl that belongs to a friend of a friend. She rolled in a fire ant bed and lost most of her fur, still all scarred up--looks bad. Even after over 2 years. Just be careful :(
Poor thing! Thank you guys. I'll keep my eye on her.. I went and checked the yard out and found a big ant hill and spayed them to death with bug spray and covered up the hill so she couldn't get to it.

:)

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
I have to constantly be watching zorro when he outside. I got the same fire ant problem and he seems to like to sniff the ain't pile...crazy dog.

Hope your dog gets better soon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! She's looking much better today. They aren't so red and swollen. Ill post a pic when she wakes up! Still sleeping with papa :) )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts