Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends dog went missing and they found him this morning on the porch dead . There has a small amount of blood beside him and she said last time she saw him he threw up . Well she has another dog too and now the outside dog is throwing up , we think someone poisioned them . Cause they have their shots and I have delt with parvo before and this is nothing like that .

Can anyone tell me the signs of a dog being poisioned ? Will they throw up ?
I dont want my dog to get it and she has to go out to pee so i dont know what I will do . She lives next to me , her house is on the same lot but a fence around it all so I guess mine will have to stay in for a few days ?:(

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
My friends dog went missing and they found him this morning on the porch dead . There has a small amount of blood beside him and she said last time she saw him he threw up . Well she has another dog too and now the outside dog is throwing up , we think someone poisioned them . Cause they have their shots and I have delt with parvo before and this is nothing like that .

Can anyone tell me the signs of a dog being poisioned ? Will they throw up ?
I dont want my dog to get it and she has to go out to pee so i dont know what I will do . She lives next to me , her house is on the same lot but a fence around it all so I guess mine will have to stay in for a few days ?:(
give the dog a cap full or 2 of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting its very important to get everything out of the dogs stomach. also it it the one that tried to sell you a dog?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
give the dog a cap full or 2 of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting its very important to get everything out of the dogs stomach. also it it the one that tried to sell you a dog?
Okay and no they live on down the road from us this is my friend who lives right beside me . They only had 2 dogs now 1 . The peroxide wont hurt them ?
My concern is if its something else then I dont want my dog to get it .

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Okay and no they live on down the road from us this is my friend who lives right beside me . They only had 2 dogs now 1 . The peroxide wont hurt them ?
My concern is if its something else then I dont want my dog to get it .
the peroxide will just induce vomiting. you want to purge the stomach of any comtaminants. the other option is take the dog to the vet. really though what else would it be tainted meat, anti freeze, really bad rotted meat, rat poison? if it was any of those you still wanna purge the dogs

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay I will tell her . People around here poision them all the time but we havent had it happen to ours before I hope its not parvo .

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Okay I will tell her . People around here poision them all the time but we havent had it happen to ours before I hope its not parvo .
ussually older dogs can get by if they have parvo... puppys are ussually the ones that pass because of it

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ussually older dogs can get by if they have parvo... puppys are ussually the ones that pass because of it
My dog is 10 months old though , one person I know had 3 dogs from the same litter all day in one day from it and they had all shots and were in a kennel and were about 2 years old. I have had a few pups die from it myself and i hate dealing with it .

Im going to keep my dogs in and give her dog some peroxide if she will let me anyways . I hope this helps

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
My dog is 10 months old though , one person I know had 3 dogs from the same litter all day in one day from it and they had all shots and were in a kennel and were about 2 years old. I have had a few pups die from it myself and i hate dealing with it .

Im going to keep my dogs in and give her dog some peroxide if she will let me anyways . I hope this helps
yah id just call her not go over there if your that scared no use in going over there and contaminating yourself...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yah id just call her not go over there if your that scared no use in going over there and contaminating yourself...
Yeah and they come here alot so I hope they dont track it with them if its parvo . My dog got her rabies shot and a shot that prevents parvo and a bunch of other stuff when she got spayed and she also got her shots when she was about 7 weeks old just not the rabies until she got spayed so I think she will be okay :confused:

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Yeah and they come here alot so I hope they dont track it with them if its parvo . My dog got her rabies shot and a shot that prevents parvo and a bunch of other stuff when she got spayed and she also got her shots when she was about 7 weeks old just not the rabies until she got spayed so I think she will be okay :confused:
think your trippin for no reason not even sure that it is parvo. but in havent had a dog that had parvo since i was a kid, and she survived. i dont think theres much a need to worry

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I may be but thats okay , I have lost dogs to parvo before and I know its nothing to take lightly cause once they get it its hard to get rid of .

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Id take the dead dog in for a necropsy and find out why he died would have best chance. You dont always want to induce vomiting it depends as to what he ate or got into. We had a dog last year who was poisoned by anti freeze I dont remember himvomiting but he lost coordination , depth perception, became unstable unbalanced, eventually lost control of bladder functions it was nasty and unfortunatly there was no cure { the only cure for anti freeze you have to start immediately like if you saw him drink it}
Parvo can be serious Stoner there is a new starin of parvo going around and its been dropping adults who have been fuly vaccinated , I know about 4 kennels right now in the states who have lost dogs this year alone , ones that would usually be deemed in the clear ,the vaccinations arent helping much with this strain and the vets I have talked to online said alot fo them arent responding to treatments that they find usually work in there clinics.
Having 1 dead dog already and now one with symptoms I would say a vet visit is needed like NOW , to me this is obvious. sounds like it hit the other dog rather quickly so I wouldnt be on here playing games looking for treatments when we dont even know what it could be. Poisoning can have many different symptoms depending on what exactly poisoned them , really this would just be a guessing game.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are not my dogs so taking them to the vet is up to her , I have told her but I dont think shes going to . So mine are inside until she finds out the problem , she said he had been eating and stuff, but told me she dont have money for the vet . Its up to her to get the dog some help but im not sure if she will .

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Iunderstand its not your dogs, only so much you can do.This is one of my biggest peeves though Im so sick of people saying well i cant afford it so the dog is going to suffer because of it :( None of our dogs chose who they want to be with they are chosen by us and with that comes the responsibility to care for them when they NEED it not when its convenient or affordable to us. Ilove my dogs enough that if i couldnt afford the money Id beg or borrow to get it some how or I would turn the dog over to someone who can afford it and get them the care they need, Makes me really angry when people put there animals in this situation.
{ this isnt directed to you pitbulllove, I know its not your dogs . Just see this so much lately on the boards and just makes me wanna slap someone}

Reactions: EL CUCO

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Iunderstand its not your dogs, only so much you can do.This is one of my biggest peeves though Im so sick of people saying well i cant afford it so the dog is going to suffer because of it :( None of our dogs chose who they want to be with they are chosen by us and with that comes the responsibility to care for them when they NEED it not when its convenient or affordable to us. Ilove my dogs enough that if i couldnt afford the money Id beg or borrow to get it some how or I would turn the dog over to someone who can afford it and get them the care they need, Makes me really angry when people put there animals in this situation.
{ this isnt directed to you pitbulllove, I know its not your dogs . Just see this so much lately on the boards and just makes me wanna slap someone}
:goodpost::goodpost:

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
UGH people are so dumb!! Nothing you can do at home will save the dog if it was poisoned and should be rushed to the vet asap. I guess she did not care that much about her dogs to just watch them die..... I would look in your yard for anything like meat or something someone could have tainted.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:goodpost: I know what ya mean , I tried to tell her to give them away but she wont listen to me .

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Bottom line is you neither you or your neighbor have a freakin clue about why the other dog died. Could be poison, heat stroke, parvo, or green monkey slime disease. Until she takes the sick dog to a vet or have a necropsy done on the dead dog then it is process of elimination. Just keep your dogs away from her house, yard, dogs etc for a while.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UGH people are so dumb!! Nothing you can do at home will save the dog if it was poisoned and should be rushed to the vet asap. I guess she did not care that much about her dogs to just watch them die..... I would look in your yard for anything like meat or something someone could have tainted.
:goodpost: I have been searching but have found nothing , I asked another person that lives close by and they said they didnt set anything out but one of their dogs was also sick . I would say thats what happened is someone set something out or threw it over the fence .

And yeah I know that if not seen by the vet they will die but she wont take him . I will let everyone know if he makes it or not but he seems fine after vomiting, now I have to be EXTRA careful with mine.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Do the dogs get walked anywhere ? we had a incident last year someone was leavinf poison out in the parks where dogs usually are walked I cant remember what it was but alot of dogs started to get sick and if neighbor dogs are sick i would be careful about where you take your dogs in the neighborhood as well as your yard.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts