Go Pitbull Forums banner

Help buying a camera

Tags
buying camera
775 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Indigo Bully Connection 
#1 ·
So, I don't have a camera and my Girlfriends is kinda lacking in what I need in a camera. I'm not too into cameras and have always bought the cheap point and shoots for like 80 bucks. I don't take a lot pictures.

But now that I have jonezie and I'm about to start taking more trips outdoors and what not I want to get a decent but not over the top camera. I know alot about brands and lenses and mp's and all that jazz from doing graphic work, but I guess I'm wondering what a good camera would be for my needs.

1) 10mp's
2) nice zoom feature
3) view finder
4) full size SD slot
5) has a good feel to it (grip wise not flat)
6) has a nice motion shot
7) not alot of time between shots, i.e. I can snap shots pretty quickly.

I'm almost describing an SLR here. HA!
Thanks guys!

#2 ·
I'm stepping up from this little momma to an EOS SLR. I have zero complaints about this camera, I used it commercially for 3 years and just started having my first issue... the camera won't reconize the batteries. I love this camera so much I'm going to get it repaired soon. I know it's not 10 MP, but it does take some decent shots. You can also use the interchangable lenses.

Canon PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera - Yahoo! Shopping

#4 ·
wow that's not a bad deal on Ebay, and the fact that it has a 4.5 rating across every site I've visited...SOLD!

#7 ·
PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera

Shutter speed is pretty good. I found that I got the best shots of the dogs on the sports option.... since they move so fast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.