Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me? Our wonderful 5 year old pit doesn't like our toddler. We have done everything Ceaser Milan says to do, plus our own common sense, and she just doesn't like him. She runs, growls ( not a long growl, just a short quick warning) My husband is freaking out. We have raised two other pit bulls, and I know they all have different personalities like we do. It is getting worse. We are not the type of people who let their kid torture a dog either. I am a stay at home mom, and Kev is an engineer. Isaac loves angel, and really is bummed that she don't like him. By the way we have an 8 year old that angel was raised with, and Angel still of course loves and treats Audrey the same. She just don't like Isaac, we are going to have to do something quick.

·
Registered
86 Posts
hmmm

my sugesstion to u would be to get the todler to give a treat to the dog like you hold the treat in the todlers hands and give it to the dog and make sure its a good treat like something that your dog loves to have as a treat......and continue that normally, its prolly just a big change for the dog and the dog just dont like that idea of changes so you're gunna have to try everything against ur dogs will weather it likes it or not. because you dont want to have to get rid of the dog if it got used to ur 8 yr old then it should get used to ur todler

·
Registered
97 Posts
maybe its cuz u dont play with ur dog and dont give it any attention because u have to take care of the baby now u should play with the dog and the kid at the same time like let the kid touch him and stuff like that let him throw his toy and let the dog get it....something like that to show the dog that u still love him no matter what

·
Registered
86 Posts
good one

thats a good one maybe that'll work the dog probably thinks u love the todler more so the dogs going to ur 8 yr old instead trying to look for attention i have had so many ppl that has had this problem and 9 outta 10 it was from lack of attention because dogs show un-conditional love and ppl are supposed to show the same.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Well I need more info before I suggest anything. How did the dog react to the the toddler before he started to move around? Has your pit been sick lately? Has the child been ill? Have you moved or just moved some of your pitbull's things? When Issac is on the go does he flapp his arms alot and scream is he noisey like a typical boy?

I have noticed with my dogs that they don't really like fast jerky movement. I don't know if this from their history or not. But with time and patience you should be able to get everyone to live peacefully.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Id be very careful!

·
Registered
86 Posts
uhh duh

uhhh dude she said she has ceaser millan lol hes an experienced dog trainer he also trains pitbulls.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
yess but books and videos are one thing, they just tell you the procedures, actually doing them takes something else all together. I train horses, I can tell certain people what to do but they just cant do it like I can. You have to have the right attitude, and presence to get somethings done. Animals pick up so much on body language. A book cant do it all.

·
wheezie wayne
3,366 Posts
marcat92 said:
uhhh dude she said she has ceaser millan lol hes an experienced dog trainer he also trains pitbulls.
i think you were just making a joke, i hope you were just making a joke

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd try to find the best solution to make sure the dog cannot never ever harm my child and I wouldn't wait for things to get worse..your dog already gave a clear signal it is your responsability now.
Ciao

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not to sound heartless cus I know you love the dog but I would rehome him/her at the first signs of aggression to my children. All it takes is one mistake where the dog and your baby are left alone together and it could be a nightmare good luck with whatever you do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts