Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am an assistant manager at an apartment and two pitt bulls (a young mom and her puppy) came around and killed some of our ducks. The residents are trying to get the pound to pick them up and put them down for aggression. They are actually really sweet and lovable its just that they are hungry!

I have called every shelter for the past three hours. I can't get anyone to answer, and so I have been leaving messages. When they do call back and find out they are pittbulls they do not want to have anything to do with them!

Please help save these dogs! It's natural for dogs to kill ducks and birds! I need someone to come pick them up before the pound does.

I have contacted Wildlife Rescue, SNIPSA, Happy Endings, SpindleTop, and other rescues.

I am located in San Antonio, Texas.

Any help would be appreciated on who to contact but time is of the essence!

Thank you!

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
American Pit Bull Terriers are a dog by any other name.. :)

Dalmations, boston terriers, etc.. the list is endless how many breeds came from what we call pit bulls today.. I say this because its fact and all sorts of "lab mixes" and "dalmatian mixes" get adopted out and arent those dogs at all they are pit bulls, .. a dog by any other name..

Huskies would have eaten the ducks too! Livestock in the city limits ??? Most dogs have prey drive, and American Pit Bull Terriers are dogs of prey.. They chase they catch, and they are going to have high prey drive on all animals including dogs; but generally have to be taught to be human aggressive, generally.. If you have pups that are friendly then keep them yourself, everyone else except their owner will have them put down as aggressive even though they killed ducks which are food for humans as well and they were not contained either. Livestock has to be contained as pets do in the city limits .. technically ;) IMO you should just find a couple of pet crates keep the dogs and find the owners yourself unless you find a true humane facility; I used to put down 26 dogs a day working for the SPCA in a town of 35,000 .. thats the SPCA so imagine how many just pounds put down. Its good to know, especially because pit bulls are stigmatized with misguided and misinformed propaganda.

because true news doesnt get heard often enough.

Just FYI the supreme court in Oklahoma declared a no breed ban on Pit bull and pit bull type dogs. Any dog with the name pit in it.. That was just 2wks ago maybe..

Best of Luck'.........

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have breed restrictions here on property, and I cannot keep them. I have three dogs, seven cats, and six horses. I'm trying to find someone who can take them in.

The ducks live on our lake here at the apartments.

I used to rescue suagr gliders, and I guess I was hoping that you guys had a rescue train like we did.

Any more thoughts or suggestions??

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
the only thing you can do is keep them contained until you find a humane society or rescue; ... or keep them.. Breed restrictions.. ?? You have just the kind of place for these types of dog in all reality.

they're in your care, you can dump them at the first pound that will take them and they will be put down or die of parvo, or you can be a lil patient, you obviously love animals and have a good head on your shoulders so just contain them, until you can find where they need to go .. I hate finding lose pets, the accountability is heart wrenching. I commend you for taking them in and having the heart not just to call and police or ACO put them down as aggressive.. Ducks are wild and livestock they are like $2.00 at the feed store; you have found some real pets. Wolverine and raccoons eat my ducks and fish all the time, thats what they do; I've trained my dogs to leave livestock alone most of it comes natural justice need guidence, they are great stock dogs. I was vet tech for spca for a couple of years so I dont candy coat.

Whats best for the dogs is to hold them outta sight outta mind until you find a good spot (begging the question) Its non sense hysteria and any high end dog that never seen ducks would kill the ducks just the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts