Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to ask for the board's attention to the issue of stray voltage. Where I live in NYC every year dogs are senselessly killed by voltage leaks on sidewalks, manholes, streetlights, etc. My oldest female was in fact severely shocked by an electrified sidewalk while on a walk last year. This happens all over the country.

In some parts of the US the problem is so bad, you cant walk your dog anywhere without risking danger. It is also dangerous for people

There is a petition from the father of a young woman who was tragically killed here in NYC asking the city and state to require more testing of the streets for stray voltage.

I urge you to please sign this petition and to make others aware of the problem post the petition on other boards you may frequent.

The petition is linked here:

Sign the Petitions | Stray Voltage in New York City

I have also linked an article about the problem here:
This Sidewalk Could Kill Your Dog | Feature | Chicago Reader

Thank You!
Lisa

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
Wow, I've never heard of anything like this before. That's crazy. I'm sorry that this happened to your dog and I don't blame you for petitioning the city.

·
Registered
962 Posts
that is insane!
petition signed.

i can't believe that something like this is happening. i guess i have to call myself sheltered as i have never had any instance of anything like this in my area. i have for the most part lived in small communities and this is completely unheard of. there is a reason our tax dollars go to pay city, county and state workers. this is a very serious issue that should not only be resolved but really shouldn't be happening in the first place.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wow, that is ridiculous. I am surprised that ConEd and the city haven't already been sued.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts