Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, so yesterday I noticed my dog ears had came out of the stitches I believe it’s to playing around in the yard and with the other puppy we have and both ears have came undone from stitching and I’m concerned and honestly not sure what to do I was told to put Iodine on the ears to avoid infection. I can’t take her to any vet that’s near me because they have all told me they don’t do anything with ear cropping or fixing a ear crop if it came out of stitching and much more other things. Does anyone know what I could do at home to help her. She’s a puppy and only 2 months .

·
Administrator
4,727 Posts
Only a vet can restitch them. Find one. Drive an hour to get there if you have to. My vet doesn't crop, but they still saw Geach when he blew a stitch. When they get restitched the dog should be in a cone and separated from others until healed. The original vet should have told you that.

·
Administrator
5,577 Posts
First, Welcome to Go Pitbull Sabrina M.
Next, follow EckoMac's good advice and bring the dog back to whoever cropped its ears or the closest vet that can put in sutures. Without having it done the risk of infection and the ear crop itself is in jeopardy. Please post back and let us know how it goes.

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the advice I went to get after vet to get them sutures but no luck I have called places further from me but nothing still and I couldn’t take her back to where she got them done since I bought her with them done. So far she is doing better after meds that a vet office game me but they didn’t want to stitch them up 😞

·
Administrator
5,577 Posts
Glad to hear that she is improving Sabrina. Hopefully, her ears will heal without scaring. If you need help, there are posts here in this section of the forum. I am sure you have read a lot of them already. Thanks for the follow up. Fingers crossed for that little puppy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts