Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup guys, I'm new to the forum & I just have a couple of questions before I purchase the right pit for me.

I haven't had a pit since I was a toddler (I'm currently 21) & looking to purchase a "blue" pit with white markings & blue/green eyes. Problem is, that every site I go to has the razor edge & bully when I'm not interested in those types of dogs. I'm just not into the big head, short, stocky pits with the muscles on top of muscles, no offense to anyone here this is just my honest opinion of course. I just want a normal pure american pit bull terrier that looks something very similar to this: http://chattahbox.com/images/2009/01/pitbull.jpg, http://qpups.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/med_blue_pit_bull.jpg or DOMIN8TORs dog. So, when looking for an apbt, what should I specify in bloodlines, etc. Also, would anyone be able to suggest whom I purchase from. I am currently in the Orlando, FL area.

I also have a 3 year old male yorkie who is 12lbs (he is neutered). Would it be wise to get a female instead of a male? & Would the two get along?

Thanks a lot guys, I really do appreciate it & look forward to be an active member in the forum.

-TA

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sup guys, I'm new to the forum & I just have a couple of questions before I purchase the right pit for me.

I haven't had a pit since I was a toddler (I'm currently 21) & looking to purchase a "blue" pit with white markings & blue/green eyes. Problem is, that every site I go to has the razor edge & bully when I'm not interested in those types of dogs. I'm just not into the big head, short, stocky pits with the muscles on top of muscles, no offense to anyone here this is just my honest opinion of course. I just want a normal pure american pit bull terrier that looks something very similar to this: http://chattahbox.com/images/2009/01/pitbull.jpg, http://qpups.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/med_blue_pit_bull.jpg or DOMIN8TORs dog. So, when looking for an apbt, what should I specify in bloodlines, etc. Also, would anyone be able to suggest whom I purchase from. I am currently in the Orlando, FL area.

Thanks a lot guys, I really do appreciate it & look forward to be an active member in the forum.

-TA
try getting a pit from a true colby bloodline because the dog you looking for is hard to find and the colbys is the build your looking for

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the colby bloodline pit have the regular body shape of pits? I just don't want a pit with short stubby legs and a massive head with a muscular body.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A pit with a build such as this one here:

BTW, sorry mods if this thread is in the wrong area

·
Registered
74 Posts
The short stocky build pits are known as Bullies, as long as you say APBT or American Pit bull Terrier people will know what you are talking about around here. As goes for the *blue* in color, its a fad and you need to watch out for people just breeding for color. I would check your shelters first if you don't plan on doing any competition with your dog. Although even sheltered dogs have been great at competing. Different blood lines are there for different purposes. Take note that APBT's are naturally DA (Dog Aggressive) some get along with other dogs fine, others have trouble. They may play together and next thing you know they are fighting. The more time they spend with a dog (starting at a young age) I believe the more they learn that its a part of the family. As for pure Colby blood line, I believe that is next to impossible to find unless your a extremely well known breeder. Good luck and do much research before you dive into the pool and buy one. There should be plenty of info in other threads about different blood lines and what there traits are. Searching helps and learning is the best thing when thinking about buying a dog of any kind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, that's exactly what I've been doing these past couple days. So which APBT bloodlines are the "least aggressive" & least prone to attacking another dog or human. & which bloodlines would have the most sleekest/athletic build. I'm just not into the bullies....

·
Registered
378 Posts
the tnt bloodline seems to throw blues, but ask yourself this is it an apbt that you truly desire and when i say desire i mean are you willing to accept and agree to do whats right for the dog, breed & the community? apbt are an aggressive breed by nature by you asking for a less aggressive bloodline raises flags imo. apbt are a big responsibility & i think far too often people jump in not knowing what they are getting into. my advice is to read up about the breed as a whole & then make a decision. just my thoughts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just asking if THERE IS a less aggressive bloodline, just out of curiosity because I have a 12lb male yorkie & I wouldn't want it to be killed by a pit.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi TA welcome to GP. You should read through some threads on here
about dog aggression and apbt behavior and learn a little more
about this breed before you start your search 4 the perfect dog
4 yourself. Anyways good luck and enjoy the site, lots to learn
here.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm just asking if THERE IS a less aggressive bloodline, just out of curiosity because I have a 12lb male yorkie & I wouldn't want it to be killed by a pit.
Not to deter you from an APBT, because I personally love the breed. I personally have an AmBully though.

If you have a small dog just be prepared to crate and rotate if you get an APBT. There is a post on here were a member's dog attacked and killed one of his pugs that the APBT had grown up with. So just be aware.

As for blues in bloodlines TNT and Hemphill throw blues. What I would do if I was you is look up the UKC to see any shows or pulls will be happening in your area or the ADBA for the same or call a few clubs in your area and go and talk to some actual owners and breeders of the APBT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Of course, the two will never be left alone. My Mom would kill me if my dog killed the Yorkie. He's like my little brother....

I'm gonna look into adopting first....

·
Auth. Top Breeder
788 Posts
the tnt bloodline seems to throw blues, but ask yourself this is it an apbt that you truly desire and when i say desire i mean are you willing to accept and agree to do whats right for the dog, breed & the community? apbt are an aggressive breed by nature by you asking for a less aggressive bloodline raises flags imo. apbt are a big responsibility & i think far too often people jump in not knowing what they are getting into. my advice is to read up about the breed as a whole & then make a decision. just my thoughts
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

my question is why blue . why a APBT . why not a bullie ( not all bullies are likr that ) ?

there are some good puppies out there ,ill see what i can fine for you . I know some folks and ill post them here for you . how much are you looking to spend on this pup ?

·
Auth. Top Breeder
788 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found someone by me selling a 100% razors edge female for 450 or less... I might hold out bc my boy said he'll give me one of his pups from his litter that will be born around xmas time.... Zeak is the father lol & the mother is a white/brindel pit =]

·
Registered
378 Posts
in all honesty i dont think it has as much to do with the bloodline as it does with each individual dog, im not trying to discourage you or anything but you need to know what you are getting into, DA is something this breed is known for!

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I'd suggest you do a lot more research on the breed before jumping into getting one.

Also there are many many great dogs and pups in shelters.
I also recommend that anyone with smaller dogs and no breed experience get an adult who has been tested around other dogs or if you are set on a pup from a breeder, make sure this is a breeder who can guide you through picking a pup that matches what you need.

Since color does nothing to tell you what the pups temperament will be like, I'd focus more on the more important attributes such as temperament. Don't be blinded by pretty markings and color if they are on a pup or dogs that doesn't suit your other needs.
It is of course OK to have a color preference, but don't forget the more important aspects.

Reactions: JFlowersLA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Would someone be able to help me find Blue American Staffordshire Terrier Puppies in the Orlando Florida area, or possibly know of some breeders etc....

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Dude no offense but you need to cut it out with that blue stuff. You are so focused on getting a pretty blue dog but you barely know the breed. Do you know what the breed is capable of doing? they aren't yorkies, they aren't english bulldogs. These dogs can be potentially extremely dog agressive and high elevated levels of prey drive. Not only are these dogs dog agressive, they require tons of exercise or they will become frustrated and eat your house, they are extremely strong and when they want something they will try with all their might to get it. I do not think you are qualified or I should said, have the proper knowledge to even get involved with the breed at this time. A pitbull dog should not be your first dog unless you have read 100's of literature about the breed and understand the history of the dog and why it was created. Also, your family and anyone that lives with the dog should understand that although they may look pretty they aren't couch potatoes could potentially attack dogs, cats, squirels if he is not contained properly. These dogs will not be the dog park dogs nor will they become social butterflies when there are other dogs around. sadly, I believe a inferior bred pitbull type dog can also have potential human agression because of bad breedings practices. In conclusion, instead of asking for a blue amstaff read up on dog breeds and find out what breed is the right for you and your family. Remember you are not the only one living with this dog and you can't force your family to get the type of dog that you want, because when this dog misbehaves they are going to blame and the dog and the dog will probably end up in a shelter. I love the breed and I have 7 pound chiwawa, 3 cats and I have a Bully cross but I never let my guard down and the dog is never left alone with any of them. I know one day he may grow to dislike the chiwawa or the cats and I have to be prepared to crate and rotate. Please do more research and talk to your family about what dog you guys need. IF you have any inquiries please PM me and I will try to answer as much as I can with my novice knowledge.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts