Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
6month old male

ill get right to it...Last night around 12:30 i woke up to a deathly smell and right away knew Petey pooped in his cage.Hes potty trained so i thought it was a little strange.Anyway we cleaned it up and moved on,about 20 mins later i hear some weird noises...walk in there and he through up twice.1 pile was his last meal and 1 pile was a light brown mucas like substance.After we cleaned that up he went outside and pooped a little more then my girlfriend watched him the rest of the night.At around 6 or so he puked a mucas like substance again.

Monday we gave him a smoked bone with some jerky like meat on it and he ate most of it.Could that have caused an upset stomach alomost 24hrs later?

After he puked the first couple times he was wagging his tail and seemed ok,but this morning he just looks sick in his face.

Please let me know what you think......

Thanks Phil

·
Auth. Top Breeder
788 Posts
could be the start of parvo or it coulkd just be something didnt set right . try giving him some warm milk , a single raw egg . a a lil bit of pidelight.all mixed togather it will help pull him through it if its just a upset tummy . he he keeps on through out the day i would take him in to be checked out for parvo . is he eating at all at this point ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well for a little more background,hes had all his shots and i know parvo was in there.

His stool is brown like normal,a little runny.He drank some water this morning but was not interested in his food

And all this came about so qucikly, does parvo do that?

P.S. Thanks for the points whoever did it

·
Registered
503 Posts
It can be possible - Parvo is the first thing a vet will check - Especially since Parvo Outbreaks are very common in puppies -

Anytime a dog has Diarrhea followed by vomiting can be very serious - please take him to the vet if he isn't doing better. Diarrhea can turn into Colitus (spelling) which can get into the spinal cord of the dog, and result in serious problems. Also the vet may need to test the dogs poop for parasites - Parasites in the stomach can cause discomfort -

Either way it seems you have a very sick pup on your hands - It could be something as simple as an obstruction in the stomach - If you pup got ahold of sometime that wasn't easily digestable it may have torn the stomach - Your dog may need to get an X-Ray -

Check with you vet today -

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not home yet but my girlfriend says hes jumping all around,playing and acting normal now.I really think it was that bone we gave him,but i dont wanna take any chances and hell be at the vet tomorrow.Ill keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If the puppy is active - It may be safe to say you can rule out parvo - however if you strongly think it was the bone - could be...

Cooked bones are not good for dogs - They get dry when cooked and could split, just like a splinter - This can cause a serious obstruction in the stomach (this happened with our pup. My 6 year old thought it would be okay to give the puppy a cooked chicken bone - because I gave her a raw one:confused:).

If you want to give your pup a raw chicken bone - that's fine usually - vets won't like you for it (at least some won't)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update--- Peteys poop is back to normal "hard" turds and hes eating and drinking normal.Playfull as ever

Cant get to the vet untill next week.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
Update--- Peteys poop is back to normal "hard" turds and hes eating and drinking normal.Playfull as ever

Cant get to the vet untill next week.
Good, keep an eye on it though. There's a possibility it's related to worms, which make the digestive track irregular intermittently - which is very normal. Like how often young kids get colds, instead dogs get worms. But it was probably just the bone disagree with him - or may just have gone bad. Some dogs have more sensitive systems then others. Take mine for example, if they have sensitive skin chances are they'll have sensitive digestive systems. But I'm sure you get the picture:roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts