Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently adopted a 11 week female, she is our second pit so I am not new to the breed. I am however new to this situation. When we adopted her we were told that she had been spayed (which was obvious) I knew which clinic she took her too. But, she did say that she has developed a lump next to her incision. And she said the only reason that has happened is because she was so active with her brothers and sisters, and that once she got some R&R it would go away. Now we have only had her for two days. And it hasnt gotten worse. But she has been very lethargic, and my husband says that she just has a good demeanor because our 3 year old pit is very hyper that we are not used to such a laid back dog. haha. Anyway I am hoping that she is not sick or injured more then we are aware of. And I thought maybe I could get some answers before I have to take her to the vet. So if anyone out there has had this happen or know of it happening then I could use some advice! Thanks in advance! :):)

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
do you know when the dog was spayed?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
First I would take her temperature, normal temp is around 100-102 and 102 being on the high side. If the temp is above that go to the vet she has an infection. Next is she eating and drinking ok? Also depending when she was spayed she could be in pain and not wanting to move around if they did not give her pain meds to go home with. Spays can be very painful for dogs and without pain meds they can be miserable. Also take a look at her gums they should be pink if they are white you have a problem. Also push on the gums with your finger it should turn back to pink if it stays white you have a problem. Spays can go wrong in so many ways including bleeding internally. I had a rescue get spayed and she was bleeding internally and she had to have emergency surgery.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I ALWAYS tell people when they get a new puppy take it to your vet for an exam within 48 hours of getting it and look over get your vets opinion DO not trust what a breeder or anyone tells you { there are so many people who are shady and dishonest and a few who just dont know better}. You have only had her for 2 days take her to the vet and have her checked out its peace of mind for you , if there is an issue contact the seller immediately to work it out.
other then that I agree with the above post temperature would be good to take .

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
First I would take her temperature, normal temp is around 100-102 and 102 being on the high side. If the temp is above that go to the vet she has an infection. Next is she eating and drinking ok? Also depending when she was spayed she could be in pain and not wanting to move around if they did not give her pain meds to go home with. Spays can be very painful for dogs and without pain meds they can be miserable. Also take a look at her gums they should be pink if they are white you have a problem. Also push on the gums with your finger it should turn back to pink if it stays white you have a problem. Spays can go wrong in so many ways including bleeding internally. I had a rescue get spayed and she was bleeding internally and she had to have emergency surgery.
:goodpost:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.