Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I own Alexa (a pitbull mix mutt) and Drake (boxador)....so yesterday my ex was at home with the dogs and put them out to potty, he heard barking and went outside. he saw both dogs side by side backing the neighbor up, their heads were down and hair raised and they were barking at him. my only issue is that they never pay any attention to the neighbors and this guy is a you know what anyway. so now i have to find somewhere else for my dogs..which is fine. my only question is does this sound like people aggression to you? they never went to bite or attack...im sure the guy isnt all innocent in this either. I just need opinions because I will not own a people aggressive dog. ive had both dogs around babies and infants and they are lambs. love everyone.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
would need to know what the circumstances were behind that guy getting to where they are. Is this a fenced yard you put them inot and the neighbor came into your yard? im confused. If your dogs are lose to where they can torment neighbors I would rethink that and maybe use a leash. I would say if they were only growling and maybe felt he was a threat to them or you then no thats not HA in my opinion. If this was unprovoked and they were going to bite then maybe would have rethink it. I know if someone comes in our yard especially when my kids are out and they arent invited or aknowledged by us they will get growled or barked at to bring our attention to them { loki did this in the summer our friend , the guy who bred him came in the back yard we didnt hear him at the door} I know loki wouldnt bite him but he deff let us know someone was there.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would need to know what the circumstances were behind that guy getting to where they are. Is this a fenced yard you put them inot and the neighbor came into your yard? im confused. If your dogs are lose to where they can torment neighbors I would rethink that and maybe use a leash. I would say if they were only growling and maybe felt he was a threat to them or you then no thats not HA in my opinion. If this was unprovoked and they were going to bite then maybe would have rethink it. I know if someone comes in our yard especially when my kids are out and they arent invited or aknowledged by us they will get growled or barked at to bring our attention to them { loki did this in the summer our friend , the guy who bred him came in the back yard we didnt hear him at the door} I know loki wouldnt bite him but he deff let us know someone was there.
They are well trained and always stay in our yard...which is why im thinking he lured them over there...there is a sticky substance on the back of alexas neck also and she threw up in her kennel after all this...they didnt lunge to bite. and they didnt growl they just barked at him.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Why do you need to find a place for your dogs? :confused:

keep em leashed when outside if not confined in your own gated yard.

Trust your dogs, HA is not big in any of those breeds HOWEVER when it DOES occur you'll KNOW IT.. CAUSE these are the dogs that BITE a threat quick with lil barking..

if its your yard then the neighbor needs to ask before coming into it.. if its not and its a shared you'll need to make sure they are always leashed when outside.

Like I said, if they wanted to bite em.. he'd be got.........

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Dogs barking at people is not human aggression. If the dog's tried to take your neighbor's head off unprovoked that would be a problem. Dogs bark at people all the time doesn't mean anything. Some bark as an alert, some bark as a form of protective or territorial barking, some bark out of fear, and some just bark because LOL. I wouldn't worry unless there was an attempt to bite unprovoked.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that was all what i was thinking. i have no choice, the owner of the house said the dogs have to go...or us. so its easier to find them a place to stay until i can get back on my feet and got a place of my own.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Dogs barking at people is not human aggression. If the dog's tried to take your neighbor's head off unprovoked that would be a problem. Dogs bark at people all the time doesn't mean anything. Some bark as an alert, some bark as a form of protective or territorial barking, some bark out of fear, and some just bark because LOL. I wouldn't worry unless there was an attempt to bite unprovoked.
Agreed and I was hoping someone would say that. I dislike how quickly people will jump on the aggressive bandwagon even though the dog never made contact when it had plenty of opportunities.

I have one of those that barks just because... it's like watching a hallucinating person talk to themselves.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
:rain: .. watch out.. sounds to me like your neighbors have no bounds and your landlord wants you to be a victim.. whats to protect you and your domicile? I guess you shouldnt worry about preventing crime from happening to you?? Your neighbors should be able to just walk all up in your space? You shouldnt have dogs that can prevent you from being robbed or worse?? Im sorry I tear people up who think like that...

Police dont prevent crime... McGruff the crime dog LOL crime prevention starts with you?? being a mongrel watchdog as a mascott.. Hmmmm.. whats that silent message?

I hope your able to place them well, and all goes well with you and yours... Tough situation to be in..

Best of wishes............

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
your neighbor lured them over? so didthe dogs end up outside of the yard? or was the neighbor in your yard? sorry im confused here.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
It sounds like she lets them out in the yard with no fence and the neighbor called or as she said "lured" them out of the yard to wherever he was.
You should never let your dogs outside without being properly contained or leashed,especially while not being supervised.I don't care how well trained they are.There are too many things that can happen,and it sounds like something did.

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
My girl chloe loves people and children. This doesnt keep her from guarding the house. If she hears any type of noise being car, bike, or person. It doesnt keep her from barking.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Agreed and I was hoping someone would say that. I dislike how quickly people will jump on the aggressive bandwagon even though the dog never made contact when it had plenty of opportunities.

I have one of those that barks just because... it's like watching a hallucinating person talk to themselves.
LOL I feel you there I have had one who I thought was a psychotic just because he would run outside to use the bathroom and while he was peeing he would bark and growl LMAO!!! Some dog's are just strange and there is nothing you can do about it but laugh at them :hammer:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
It sounds like she lets them out in the yard with no fence and the neighbor called or as she said "lured" them out of the yard to wherever he was.
You should never let your dogs outside without being properly contained or leashed,especially while not being supervised.I don't care how well trained they are.There are too many things that can happen,and it sounds like something did.
:goodpost:
That was the impression I got too, and in that case regardless of what the neighbor did they are at fault.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
LOL I feel you there I have had one who I thought was a psychotic just because he would run outside to use the bathroom and while he was peeing he would bark and growl LMAO!!! Some dog's are just strange and there is nothing you can do about it but laugh at them :hammer:
LOL! That would be hilarious! Dakota just grumbles and growls sometimes while doing things, he will just walk around the living room grumbling as he checks things out. Sometimes he'll sit down and grumble to himself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am a firm believer that dogs should NEVER be outside unsupervised unless on a proper chain spot. It is a liability to you and the breed to have them in a situation that could turn into a newspaper headline. My suggestion to you is what most are already saying, proper containment at all times. They may not be human aggressive, he may well have done something to wig them out, but you are taking major risks that even with the most loving chill dog should never be taken. If someone sees a pit bull headed their way even if it IS friendly, they need only dial AC and say it was loose and the breed takes a hit because AC will add details until it makes the news.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey just as an update...

yes i am aware they shouldnt be outside unsupervised but i wasnt home, it was my ex...yes i live with my ex lmao....anyway ive got it all sorted out now, they are coming to with me to my parents to live. my ex just let them out this one time unsupervised...we usually go out with them...anyway i have it all handled now.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Glad it all worked out, hope you end up with better neighbors lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.