Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every once ina while Boo gets tummy troubles, her stomach gets kinda hard and she has a lot of pain and crys, but by the next day shes perfectly fine like it never happend....and it happens at night and i dont understand what it is. we brought her to the vet twice and did not get any straight answers. help :(

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
How does her poop look? Has she been dewormed? Is she drinking enough water? I've read on here that yogurt helps with keeping their bowls regulated. I've also read that pumpkin sometimes help keep poop solid. I'm using pumpkin with Ecko and it seems to be working.
It really sounds to me like something in the GI, possibly her diet, but I am certainly not as exoerienced as many others on here. The last kennel I worked at said it was OK to use Kaopectate for upset tummys. I'd hold out for a few more people to toss in their input before giving it to her though.

I really hope she feels better. She's one of my favorite puppies on here.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I never heard of puppies crying because of tummy aches. Make sure she is not eating stuff taht could be causing blockage, perhaps a xray could help out to see if eerything is alright in the dog's stomach.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Do you feed her at night? What food are you feeding her, and how much food?

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I would say it sounds like she is constipated. How much water does she take in in a day? and also how much exercise does she get? When do do you feed her and do you exercise her after she eats?

Vinny you need to answer all these questions we need to get Boo back to being totally healthy I love this girl. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had nearly this same problem with my old Irish Wolfhound when feeding on the floor, I built a raised feeding platform, and it went all away. I am told by my vet that dogs that eat from the floor restrict proper flow by lowering their head that far and therefor get excessive air.

·
Registered
154 Posts
hugs...poor boo...
i gave Sugar a beef knuckle bone once, and left the room, about 30 min later when i came back to take the bone away, i just realized she ate the whole freaking thing!
then she wouldn't go poopoo the next two days, her tummy was hard, but she didn't cry..then after 2 days she started drinking a lot of water and pooed three-four times a day, all the poopoo was as hard as rocks! poor thing, it took her 4 days to finally get rid of those bones, i know this is something i will NEVER give her again!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
she eats wellness puppy food, about 2 cups a day, yes she eats some ppl food ummmmm she eats at night somtimes and her bowl is raised up, shes fine now it goes away the next day, it happens like once a month

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
cali had that problem once she bloated up really bad and her tummy was hard she even had problems walking , was soo worried called the vet and he knew right away it was probably gas he had us get her some pepto bismol and a couple hours later she was fine , that was just after we got her . he got us to do smaller feedings instead of 2 per day she got 3 smaller ones a day to help her adjust to the food . Figured she just hadnt gotten used to it yet and was having trouble digesting. he also said no running around or playing hard for an hour after eating.
How long has she been on her current food? does she gulp her food down fast ? could be gas but thats a guess just from my experience with those symptoms.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea boo has been ok latley and last time it happend we gave her the pepto and it seemed to work

1 - 13 of 13 Posts