Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been feeding my girl before grain for almost a yr now and she is doing great on. I see a lot of you on here feed taste of the wild, so I compared labels. Since I feed the salmon flavor I compared that to the similar one offered by TOTE and found the ingredients to be very similar except before grain also has chicken in it and has 32% protein compared to 25%. TOTW is more cost effective. How do I choose between two similar foods? Which one is actually the better product? Thanks in advance.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
How much more is Before Grain than TOTW. I'd stick to Before Grain if your dog is doing well on it and the difference isn't something like $20. Both are 5 star dog foods so stick with what works for your wallet and dog.

·
Registered
38 Posts
they are both about equal. You could save a few dollars going with TOTW. The drop in the protein level really will not effect the pup. Plus I am a firm believer in changing foods every now and then - there have been studies that long term feeding of the same food can lead to food allergies.

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
I feed TOTW for the same reason. It was cheaper then the Natural Balance I was feeding. Ecko is not a very active dog so I prefer the lower protein levels. I'm happy with his coat and the "outcome" of feeding him TOTW seems normal too. If you do decide to switch, just make sure you do it gradually.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And that's my thought...why wouldn't I save myself $10 a bag and still get a high quality food with almost identical ingredients. Thank you everyone I feel more confident in switching her over and making my wallet a little thicker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts