Go Pitbull Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... i got a puppy pit on Jan 1st... the lady i got him from owns both parents... she got them from a kill shelter somewhere in Tennessee where the owner of a kennel had passed away and his daughter had no idea what to do with all the dogs so she gave them up... i didnt know if there would be any way to trace the kennel down? or anything.... my pups parents names are dam Chela and sire Sox. they were supposed to be registered and from what i saw of them they looked like really well bred dogs but the lady that got them wasnt able to get the papers due to the situation... i doubt if you all could help me any but i thought it was worth a shot.... i will try to contact her again to get as much info as i can like the county they were in or anything else... i would like to get his papers if possible.... wishful thinking

Artemis born Nov 22 2010

oh and feel free to delete this thread if nothing comes of it....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok well does anyone know of any forums that are for people that love pits but dont show them? because i really feel like a turd in a field of daisys....

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
no stay there are lots of people who dont show and just have pets ,papers arent that improtant to most on here. everyone here loves this breed just usually quieter at night . im sure you'll get more response tomorrow morning when certain people get on. i dont know anyone in that area so couldnt help you locate anyone sorry. but hang around very helpful for most anything with this breed. very pretty pup you have papered or not :)

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Girl, don't leave. :p I got my boy from a BYB. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I could give a rat's butt that he doesn't have papers or a famous bloodline like some of the other people here. Bloodlines and papers are great, because at least you know where your dog came from, but they don't MAKE the dog. The dog makes the papers.

Oh, and sorry I don't know the answer to your question. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Your puppy is wicked cute! Welcome to the forum. There are several on here that MAY be able to help you. Unfortunately without the pedigree you aren't likely to get all the info you might be looking for. Congrats on you new puppy though. Ecko is unpapered and I love him regardless. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
he is awesome.... and so smart... i would just love to know if he is " all that " i saw his daddy and man he was so beautiful.... i had originally been looking for a female pup but when i saw this lil guys father i was like wow! his momma looked a lil too terrior looking for me or maybe its just cause she had pups so young (she was 8 months old)... but she was beautiful! and the father was big but far from being a bully... he was very well proportioned just big and strong.... i just wish i knew if i had a $800 dog or if he is just worth what i paid for him $0.... i would not sell him for any ammount... but if he is registered i might stud him out just to help me pay for vet bills and stuff... God knows i could use the extra cash.... geeze im poor and i took on 2 dogs in 1 month.... what was i thinking...??????

oh yea.... he is 9 weeks old and he already knows , sit, lay down, sit pretty, speak, target, and he almost knows shake and roll over... he is a genius!! his favorite treat is a lil piece of honey KIX cereal... he will do anything for it... :)

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Don't stud him out. You might need the extra money, but the world doesn't need the extra puppies.

Also, that was WAY too young for his mom to be having puppies. :( That was her first heat probs. You can't tell if the mom is worth breeding to at that age.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the lady that rescued them from the kill shelter didnt think she was in heat yet.... they werent supposed to breed... all the pups were 3 weeks premature... almost died... the lady sold all the pups except the one she gave me and then got the mother fixed with the money...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Aw he is so adorable! Love his name :D I would definitely not stud him out. Using your dog as income is not what a responsible pet owner would do in my opinion. I learned from this website in fact that a good breeder rarely makes profit. Trust me, if you love your pup you can afford his vet bills. Maybe go to a humane society where it will be a bit cheaper, that is what we did. We get each set of pup shots for 13.99 :D And sometimes you can submit applications to get them fixed for close to nothing if you can prove low income. Our neighbors got their pup fixed for 15$ because they got a waver.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Huh. That's pretty crazy. I thought it was common knowledge that a pups first heat starts around 6-9 months.

Anyways, that's done and over with now, and you have your boy. Just enjoy what you have. :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
You'd be surprised how misinformed people are. The suggested ages for pups to start breeding (from what I've heard is around 2.5 years) may have gotten confused with when they start their first heat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
oh i do enjoy him... even though he pooped on my couch yesterday... lol... u need a couch?... :p

well ive been googleing kennels in TN looking at their male pics, thinking that maybe if the owner died that they might still have a website with a pic of my pups father.... but no luck yet... im on dial-up so it take forever to load pics.... but he looks alot like angelbabys Loki but a dark brindle with alot of white on his chest and 2 front legs... his ears are not cropped either.... i emailed the lady i got him from asking for any info but she hasnt wrote me back yet... and the mother was young like i said but if i can remember right her face looked alot like angelbabys Rocky but she was either all black or brindle maybe with a lil white.... oh well if i get any usefull info ill post it here... i know nothing i have said is worth much of anything but im trying...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im not looking for a profit.... but my boyfriend is disabled and still hasnt been approved by social security to receive benifits yet.... we have very low income... i really cant afford what i have.... im in the hole... my 3 yr old daughter wanted a puppy so i got her one... i am prepared to sacrifice so that the dogs i have are taken care of and i want to be their forever family and so that my daughter can grow up with these amazing creatures.... if someone approched me wanting to breed their female... i would assume that whether they bred to my dog or someone elses the dog would end up having a litter either way.... and if i had good papers on my dog the puppies would be more likely to find better homes than an unregistered dog would and i could use the money to get dog food or to pay a lil on a vet bill if needed.... i still need to get a rabies vac and a check up for the 2 yr old female that i rescued and i cant afford it at the moment... im not talking about starting a puppy mill.... i was just saying that i might stud him out once.... he is just 9 weeks old.... it had crossed my mind.... nothing more...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well I really hope you decide against it. It is my personal belief that if you can not afford a pet you shouldn't get one no matter how much somebody in your household wants the pet. Its just not fair to the pet. There is an overpopulation of pitbulls already. Plus is somebody wanted to breed their pit but couldn't get a stud because everyone turned them down, they might give up the idea. Also, breeding can cost you money as well. Probably more in the case of having a female though. Because they are required every 3 years for most states, I think humane societys sometimes do a monthly free vaccine weekend or something. Look into it for your older pup.

·
Banned
319 Posts
I hope u decide against it as well... for many many reasons.

its not ethical to breed a dog and not know its family history on health. or not proving he is quality to breed.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I'm sorry but you being a single parent with a disabled boyfriend is no reason to stud out a dog who was taken from a "high" kill shelter in the first place to make money. You have no history of this pup and most likely never will. I'm a single parent on limited income and sacrifice for my child first then my dog. I would never use my dog who is a female for money making purposes to pay for bills. If you can't afford to have animals and care for them properly then you just shouldn't have them. I don't mean to come across harsh but I struggle to pay for things and work hard for everything I have. Just enjoy you pet and neuter him. Like someone suggested go to your local aspca/shelter. They have low cost options for people like youself for vaccines and neutering. Stick around here and learn as much as you can. Pit bulls are a huge problem in shelters and millions of them get pts every year due to not enough homes. Please don't contribute to the over population problem.

Reactions: Gimbler

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that is exactly why i am trying to figure out which kennel he is from and trying to get his papers back... both his parents were supposed to be registered.... and as far as it not being fair to the pet..... you should have seen where i got my 2yr old female.... chained to a pole in the mud in the cold with a plastic barrel as shelter... i swear she hadnt been fed in 2 days or more.... i asked the guy if he had any extra food he could send with her and he didnt even have any.... he got her to guard his fighting chickens.... so you can imagine where she would have ended up if i had not have gotten her.... she has scars all over her face and neck already..... there is no way i could leave her there.... and there is no way i would just take her the shelter when she is such a wonderful dog... with her scars you know they would have killed her..... she is great with other animals... great with my daughter.... if she sees a broom she freaks out she must have been beat.... so dont even tell me that what i have done is not fair to her... they both eat 2 usually 3 times/day of purina dogfood and they sleep on my couch.... you tell me that it would be more fair to them to haul them to the shelter... you tell me you KNOW what is best for them.... have you all ever lived in a white trash neighborhood with every trailor owning a pit?? actually seen them fight?? you ever owned a dog that was shot and killed buy the cops in a drug bust??? i have seen it all..... i know the cruel side of it..... i have seen the dogs tortured and beat and locked in a bathroom for 3 years with a cattle tag through its ear...... i have.... i know for a fact that my choosing to get 2 dogs for my family is not cruel.... i have seen cruel.... i am not rich.... but i have spent over $150 in the past month on these dogs... im sure that dosent sound like alot to you all but that is more than i have spent on myself in the past 6 months.... i have purchased a crate for inside, a $20 cable, 3 leashes, 3 collars, bones, a kong, 2 big bags of dogfood, canned food, treats, rawhides, pig ears, i have made 3 batches of homemade dog bones... i just got a $3 toy an hour ago from the dollar store and im watching them tear it apart now... and they are in heaven.... i have had a rough life... and so have my dogs.... but you know what???? us being together is better than what we had before.... but you still think i should just take them around back and put a bullet in their heads???? because i cant afford it??? ill tell you what... if i cant afford to feed them they can have my food.... you all must live in glass houses.... because i can speak from personal experience having a house is better than not.... an no matter what you think... i love my dogs....

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey pit momma is going to b very hard 2 find the paper work 4 that beautiful pup u have. paper or not he is 1 hell of a pup see ur self as a lucky girl i have 7 bullies and i only bred the male tri i have 1 time only and he is 3 years old he is my oldest.and 4 the boy friend thing ur going threw i will pray 4 u and ur fam i think we all should 4 u. keep ur head up u will see things work in weird ways no need 2 breed ur dogs or sell them.trust me & have faith things will get better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and yes my daughter comes first... we had a cat that just showed up at our house last year.... she loved it.. great cat... he would let her drag him around all day and he loved the attention... but now my boyfriend developed an allergy to the cat so we couldnt keep it in the house anymore.... she cried her eyes out.... so we decided to get a puppy.... but the pup is a lil rough with her... we got him jan 1st and he was born nov 22... he just didnt know how to play nice.... i traded my car that didnt run for 2 dog kennels so this summer i could leave him out if i was gone for a couple hours instead of stuck in the house.... when i got there to look at the kennels i saw Athena... dirty, skinny, and hungry.... she came home with me right then and there.... my daughter said "mommy this is the puppy i wanted she is so nice... you can take Artemis back to the store" we are all one big happy family now... so you think that breeding pits is a bad thing??? so you are saying that all of you got your dogs from shelters? because if you actually bought your dog from a breeder you are encouraging their over population... shame on you...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i would never sale them unless my daughter was starving... i would never have taken in either of them if i didnt plan on keeping them.... yea i need the prayers.... more than you know.....

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.