Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off all my puppy is a mix with razor edge and bully now i heard some people saying bully is not a pitbull well i'm just lost confuse can some one clear me up on it difference from pitbull,bully and apbt

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Bully is a thicker, usually heavier set dog bred particularly for the show ring and for looks. They are not working dogs nor can they work like apbt should.
Apbt's are athletic working dogs bred to tackle any type of task its assigned to. Typically 28-58 #'s. While American bullies have 5 classes from pocket to XL, apbt's just have one class if showed.
PitBull is a general term for a few types of dogs and isn't really descriptive. Talk to your average guy on the street he would tell you that bullies and apbt's are the same, but here the only PitBull is that of the past..

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Good post, Niz. Most bullies are dual registered with the ABKC as American Bullies and with the UKC as APBTs; however, they do not fit the revised standard for the UKC. Check out our Bullies 101 section for more info regarding the American Bully and the ABKC.

3,968 Posts
Bully is a thicker, usually heavier set dog bred particularly for the show ring and for looks. They are not working dogs nor can they work like apbt should.
Apbt's are athletic working dogs bred to tackle any type of task its assigned to. Typically 28-58 #'s. While American bullies have 5 classes from pocket to XL, apbt's just have one class if showed.
PitBull is a general term for a few types of dogs and isn't really descriptive. Talk to your average guy on the street he would tell you that bullies and apbt's are the same, but here the only PitBull is that of the past..
some people do pull their ambullys. i have never seen them pull more then a well trained apbt. but i have seen em pull. actually pretty impressive for bullys. seeing they aren't really working dogs. someone recently told me the correct term would be standard american bully or something. are ambully breeders now going for tha whole apbt staffy relation ship only with different types of american bullys? cuz i still see a lot of ambully breeders out there with very different looking bullys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts