Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pit is 3 almost 4 years old and she has terrible skin allergies,
I've bought her blue diamond dog food a few times to see if that would
Help and it hasn't done much....I probably need to take her into the vet
and get her an allergy test...but I've heard the same thing from the vet each
time and that's to change her diet. They put her on pregnizone and another anti
Biotic, it clears everything up real good but once I run out of the pills for her
The bumps/rash comes right back! Anyone have some good advice for me?! I really need the help! Please & thanks!

-Kayla & Daisy.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Id do the allergy testing to find out exactly what it is that she is reacting to , the other option may be switching to RAW, message deuceaddicted ahe knows about allergies to food I believe thats why she switched to raw as well , maybe she has some better advice from her experience.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
This sounds like deep pyoderma which is secondary to the allergies that are causing the infections with pyoderma it returns after stopping antibiotics the deep form. How long does the vet have her on the antibiotics each time? and what antibiotic are you using? Diamond is a terrible food you need to get her on a GRAIN FREE food like Taste of the Wild or Blue Buffalo. You will also in addition to changing foods need to keep her on antibiotics for at least 30 days maybe even longer depending on how she reacts after the food change and you can use benedryl along side it for the itching. I would also recommend going with a good anti-bacterial follicular flushing shampoo like Poyoben.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Have you tried any other foods besides diamond? Natural balance has grain free limited ingredient diets for allergies as well as wellness..they have a "simple solutions" food with limited ingredients. Both are excellent foods. Its a matter of trial and error when it comes to figuring out food allergies. You should start with one protein source and one carbohydrate like with the wellness. Or you can do the natural balance grain free like the chicken and sweet potato. All the info above was great advice. Just throwing in my two cents. I have tried both these foods with current and past dogs with great results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts