Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bully pup has been knuckling, we went to the vet and they said only give 1/2 cup a day for food we’re using a medium royal canin food ! He said to do for 4 weeks, we started and it’s our second day, the dog had lost SOO much weight, it is to the point where you can see her ribcage, we don’t know if we’re not giving her too less, someone please tell us how much cups we should give her (she’s 10 weeks)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you post a picture of her? It's good for pups to stay on the slim side for future health. Ribs are OK to see when breathing. Seeing hip bones is NOT ok and means she is too thin. We feed Orijen puppy to our 16 week gril I cup a day and she is in perfect body condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post a picture of her? It's good for pups to stay on the slim side for future health. Ribs are OK to see when breathing. Seeing hip bones is NOT ok and means she is too thin. We feed Orijen puppy to our 16 week gril I cup a day and she is in perfect body condition.
Yes I will post a photo, but she has been knuckling, and the doctor to give her 1/3 a cup of medium royal canin puppy food, the vet said do it for 4 weeks, we were 3 days in and the pup went very skinny, well here is champ

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys... She is almost 3 years old and since the thread is about dogs being skinny i thought i can ask here.... She is eating well and gets dewormer ever so often when due.... But she keeps being skinny.... You can count the ribs... Since she is a pitty/labby cross I don't think she should be that skinny....
Any thoughts on this are welcome....

Sent from my Note 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys... She is almost 3 years old and since the thread is about dogs being skinny i thought i can ask here.... She is eating well and gets dewormer ever so often when due.... But she keeps being skinny.... You can count the ribs... Since she is a pitty/labby cross I don't think she should be that skinny....

From that angle she looks OK but if you are seeing visible weight loss, haven't changed the amount or type of food you are giving a vet visit is in order to make sure nothing is medically wrong

·
Registered
33 Posts

My Lucy at Animal hospital today.... Turns out she got a kind of liver disease... Awayting a reply from the doc tomorrow to see if we can save her.... she haven't eaten in 3 days now....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts