Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has been vomiting and pooping watery its gotten better today, its more solid but he hasn't eaten or drank anything since yesterday morning...what's wrong and what can i do

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
How old is the pup?
Was the stool dark or have blood in it with a foul odor?
Has the puppy been lethargic meaning not playing around just laying around?

Have you tried giving the dog some pedialyte none flavor kind?

If you haven't tried the last question atleast try to get some fluids in the pup cause it could dehydrate. You should really take it to the vet but itf you can get it to hold down some fluids it may can wait until morning but would be better if seen today. Unfortunately your looking at a pricey emergency office visit today.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
This happened to my boy over the summer and I panicked and ran to the vet and it was probably unnecessary. But depending on your pups age being over careful is never a bad thing. My boy was 16 weeks old at the time. If it happened now, I would try this before going to the vet

Is there blood in the stool? If no, more then likely he at something he shouldn't have. As MSK said, try pedalyte. Get him to drink. Go get some chicken breasts(boneless) boil it and give it to him with brown rice. Do that for a few days until his stools are normal.

When my pup threw up, I found a shoe lace and broken water balloon pieces....most likely that's what the problem was

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is kind of playful he tried playing with other dogs a little but has been quite lazy also his poop hasn't had any blood and it is a very light brown it is a hastle to get liquids in him

·
Premium Member
7,502 Posts
My friends dog got into some turkey s*it and got salmonella poisoned.
do you have wild turkeys around there? Things are everywhere here.

If he isn't eating or drinking a vet trip may be best. Good luck hope it passes soon.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Try some chicken broth or beef broth. As long as they are going the bathroom there isn't a blockage (not being able to hold anything down is concerning) hopefully you can call your regular vet tomorrow if thy continue to not eat and act lethargic.

Sent from Petguide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts