Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I recently got a new Puppy after my baby passed away last year.

I got him from a neighbor instead of a reputable breeder.
He had fleas, worms, and was only 4 weeks old.
I dewormed, got rid of the fleas and he had his 1st shots.. we have had him 2 weeks and 2 days ago I noticed swelling in his face, yesterday a lump in his neck under his jaw. He is still eating, drinking, playful.... Then tonight he was really swollen and around his muzzle their are pimple like bumps that started bleeding and the lump is huge.
I'm going to the vet tomorrow but I'm worried... Did I get a puppy with parvovirus or cancer??? I hope someone might have some insight... He is in pain and I'm worried he'll die or that the bills are going to kill me..... Any advise?

Tonight 6/29

Dog Comfort Dog breed Carnivore Grey

Eye Vertebrate Dog breed Comfort Jaw

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey everyone, I recently got a new Puppy after my baby passed away last year.

I got him from a neighbor instead of a reputable breeder.
He had fleas, worms, and was only 4 weeks old.
I dewormed, got rid of the fleas and he had his 1st shots.. we have had him 2 weeks and 2 days ago I noticed swelling in his face, yesterday a lump in his neck under his jaw. He is still eating, drinking, playful.... Then tonight he was really swollen and around his muzzle their are pimple like bumps that started bleeding and the lump is huge.
I'm going to the vet tomorrow but I'm worried... Did I get a puppy with parvovirus or cancer??? I hope someone might have some insight... He is in pain and I'm worried he'll die or that the bills are going to kill me..... Any advise?

View attachment 91156
View attachment 91155
View attachment 91154
I just took a few more photos...btw. he's on neutral puppy and nothing else. He did get into some peanut butter.. he is still playful, eating and drinking but his ears and gave are causing pain

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wishing him a speedy recovery. Cute little guy. 4 weeks is awful young to be weened from the mother and Im not sure if vaccinating at 4 weeks is a good idea or not. I think it can affect the kidneys and liver at that age. Maybe someone who knows more could comment on that for us for our future knowledge. I'm sure he will be fine though. You did the right thing to get him to vet right away. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts