Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the situation:

Up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, my puppy was eating Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy dry food, with fish oil and cooked yams mixed in. Then I changed her food to Blue Wilderness for Puppies, still mixing in the fish oil and yams. It was fine at first, then she stopped eating. I've tried everything, the yams mask the flavor but I've even added peanut butter (which sometimes helps). I came to the conclusion that she really doesn't like Wilderness because she wont even eat a few pieces of it plain. I am in the process of switching her back to Blue puppy food but not the large breed bag, because she doesn't need that. I'm switching her to the Lamb and Oatmeal flavor. Yesterday I mixed in wet food as well, she ate all of her food, both meals. Today I did the same thing....and she didn't eat at all. She just looks at the food and then looks up at me. I have NO idea what to do anymore.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should really, really stress the point that this is a daily issue, i have to beg her to eat and its to no avail.

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
I should really, really stress the point that this is a daily issue, i have to beg her to eat and its to no avail.
IMO begging your dog to eat is a problem, put whatever kibble you want her on down for 30minutes then remove, do it again at dinner, by the 2 second morning or 2 dinner she will eat whatever you put down. Also have a vet check out make sure nothing is wrong...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts