Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5-3 year old part pit. She has always been a gentle dog. I have never heard her growl once. But a couple weeks ago my cousin came to my house at night and me and him were walking to a shop on the side of my house and she went after him and tore his shirt. Then the next week, my aunt came to the house during the day and nobody was home. But she said while she was in the front yard Baya just was barking and stated away from her. But once she started to walk around the corner of the house, Baya got upset and was growling but once my aunt turned around and went back to front of house he calmed down. Then yesterday Baya went after my grandfathers lil dog. She was shakin her around. She has never did this before. My problem is we are going out of town next weekend do the weekend and then the next we are going on a cruise to Jamaica for a whole week an I do t want her to attack who ever comes to feed her. Why has she started this and how can I break her?

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
They are very very very separate issues. Dog Aggression is not something that you can break her of. You might be able to manage it with lots of work and training, but better to just not play with other dogs, she will live a healthy happy life without doggie friends. As far as Human Aggression, its not acceptable and should be examined ASAP. Look for a behaviorist to help you evaluate your pups temperament. They can also help understand the situations better and know if it was just a fear aggression (and how to work with your dog to correct it) or territorial aggression, there could be many triggers. you also do not know what she is mixed with, so that breed might not be as non HA as a true APBT is bred to be.

To be honest based on your short explanation it seems like she is going after them out of no where, and that is what worries me. Who is watching her next week? I would try to see if you can get someone out ASAP before you set someone else up for a situation they may not be able to handle.

If this came out of no where, are you sure there is nothing wrong with your dog? Have they been to the vet for a checkup? Something heath wise inside you might not be able to see could also cause a instant change in behavior.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I don't put up with any kind of HA at all with mine.The minute mine act like they're going to go after someone I put them down.Even before then.I would never let it get that far.
She could be mixed with a guarding breed and imho an apbt should not be mixed with a guarding breed and let into the hands of someone who cannot handle it.The minute something happens it will be labeled a "bad" or "aggressive" "pit bull" and not a mix.
I think only bad things can come from this if it's not nipped in the bud.I wouldn't leave her in anyones hands while you're gone out of town.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I don't put up with any kind of HA at all with mine.The minute mine act like they're going to go after someone I put them down.Even before then.I would never let it get that far.
She could be mixed with a guarding breed and imho an apbt should not be mixed with a guarding breed and let into the hands of someone who cannot handle it.The minute something happens it will be labeled a "bad" or "aggressive" "pit bull" and not a mix.
I think only bad things can come from this if it's not nipped in the bud.I wouldn't leave her in anyones hands while you're gone out of town.
:goodpost: agreed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts