Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, well Im having trouble with SIAH and him walking any further then out too my front yard on his leash, he just gets so scared and sits down will choke him self not to walk so I just give in and go inside then he will go crazy and play, I did have a collar for him, but that lasted 3 weeks, his neck got huge, I sometime leave the leash on him and he walks around the house with it like its nothing but when we get outside, he will not go any further then about a 30 foot radius that is all, and there is a great park about 300ft from my house he can run around in and do what he wants but he is scared, even when I leash him in the house he wont walk outside with me I have too pick him up, PLEASE HELP.......

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
you have to build the confidence up. maybe the cars and noise is scaring him.
just carry some treats, when you get him to go farther than normal give him a treat and lots of praise.
sorry for the quick post i have to run, i'll add more later tonight. but start with this.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Id get a proper collar so he cant tighten anything around his neck and choke. Check out nizmo ^ he has great collars and good prices . But it is going to take alot of praise and work NOW when he takes a step forward PRAISE, you may have to get down and do some baby talking they like that. just work on it daily and always end on a good note. If you keep giving in its just going to get worse, trust me leash training anolder dog is not as fun as training a pup, work on this now. If you know someone with a dog already trained see if they can bring him/her over and go for a walk together , I find training pups is easiest when there is a bigger dog to walkahead, they want to follow.
Just dont pull or drag the pup that freaks them out , if they start doing the tazmanian devil dance on the end of the leash just stand there until they are done they will calm down after when they realize they arent getting free lol, then use that baby talk and coax them to you when they get to you PRaise or give treats , then repeat ..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies, I've done the treat thing and I have noticed the cars scare the **** out of him, its all uphill from here hopefully, thanks once again...-BAY..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts