Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't know what to do with her. she wants to sit or keep her legs close together or something weird. I've been working with her a lot and tonight we have been working like two hours with no success. Im trying to learn. idk :/

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
you can try to put her paws on 4 blocks so she stays where you move them. Or work with her on a table so she is higher up off the ground. Sorry I don't know anything else, lol. Just things I have heard people try.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Do you have a grooming table? You can start her on there, noose her up and then position her feet. You want to teach her the command Stand, and couple that with Stay, so it'll be Stand/Stay. Working for 2 hrs straight is really not accomplishing anything other than stressing you and Kandi both. Work just a few minutes at a time, positioning her feet and telling her Stand/Stay. I'll try to work on a video for you probably tomorrow since I have to work all afternoon/evening today, to see if I can help you out a bit. You can use cinder blocks as well, but it's more important to teach her to stand still first.

As for her sitting, take a loose lead and hook it under her belly right at the back where her hips/thighs meet, and noose her there as well, to teach her to stand while you adjust the back feet. Or, you can slip your hand under her belly and between her back legs, like you would when bathing. Again, you want to reinforce the Stand/Stay command, but you need to teach this so she understands it first. You can use the above method I just mentioned (hand under the belly) at random times throughout playtime and obedience work, and when she stands as desired, praise and treat.

Reactions: PRSweetKandi
1 - 3 of 3 Posts