Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we have our first pit bull, Lexi. She is an amazing dog and we are in love with the breed. A close friend of ours adopted her brother, Cain. They have been around each other for, well, forever basically. When Cain's owner works (24 hour shifts as a fireman...) we have Cain over to watch him. However, the problem is that they are far too rough with each other. It is all play and they are having fun, but it is rough and too much to handle. What can we do to allow them to see each other, and be around each other, but not beat each other up!!

Thank you so much for any advice...

~ Kate

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would let them play hard, except they end up with welts and scratches : / soooo... We don't have Cain's crate here, but I suppose we could find one. Would probably help a lot. Should they be separate walks? I will have another family member take one and I will take the other.

And we will continue working on commands... I have been trying to read on best way of reinforcement... treats or no? I just don't want to mess up with them :) Tryin' to be a good momma haha ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.