Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cairo is 7.5 months now, used to being in a crate for hours on end while im at work, but lately, he's been trying to escape by bashing his head into the crate, and when i came home today, he had some bruising on his forehead., I know its probably because he doesnt get as much exercise now that its snowing and ICY out here and he gets cold VERY quickly, but is there ANYTHING i can do to try n stop him from bashing his face in????

any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. he looks like he belongs in a ASPCA commercial.... it broke my heart.... :-(

P.S he gets treats and toys when he is in there and has NO issues with going in, so its not like he minds the crate or anything...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he has one, he can go thru it in about an hour lol.. nothing though to ease his anxiety, as i assume thats what he is going through with all the pent up energy...

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
run him on a treadmill before ya go to work, especially sinceit is icy and snowing there, a tired dog is a happy dog :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
In all honesty nothing can replace simply physically burning that energy.Like she mentioned a treadmill,walk,springpole a good game of fetch ect. Loki bangs on his crate a lil bit occasionally thats my sign to work his butt off for a bit lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
Do you have stairs? When it`s cold out I run my mom`s lab/pitbull up and down the stairs by playing fetch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if you have a large enough area somewhere in your house, you can play tug-o-war with him. my guy has a 6 foot long rope and he's exhausted afterward. lazer pointers are nice too, because then you don't have to do anything but watch them chase it lol.

·
Banned
319 Posts
in addition to what other people posted--

maybe try going to your local butcher shop and get the dog a bone.

I get my dogs a "bag" of them, it cost me 2.50$ and it comes with 3 round bones with marrow in the middle.

they work on that bone and marrow for hours and hours... I think my house dog went at it for a good 5 hours lol. a very thick piece of rawhide works too but not as good as the bones.

good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts