Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pitbull puppy is 5 months old in a few days and in the past couple of weeks her ears started to change,now they stick up straight but fall down when you pet her.I have looked on some sites and others had the problem but their ears finally fell.

what age do the ears fall?or do some stay up?

she is purebred,the parrents were both papered

please no mean comments,i just need some info
thanks

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Some dog's ears do stay up, others may fall flat, some may in between. Generally their ears change during teething. But I'm not a puppy expert :p

·
Registered
776 Posts
apbt ears are like a box of chocholats ...you never knowwhat your gonna get =-P
some stand strait up some not at all .. only thing you can do is crop them if you dont like them the way they are .

Reactions: 9361

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay thanks,they seem like they may fall back down,but idk?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apbt ears are like a box of chocholats ...you never knowwhat your gonna get =-P
some stand strait up some not at all .. only thing you can do is crop them if you dont like them the way they are .
oh,lol i was thinking that it wasnt normal,it just started a week or so ago.If they are up,do some fall back down?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
teething at that age has something to do with the ears changing. its pretty normal
ok,do they go down after though?

·
Registered
859 Posts
her being purebred won't meant that her ears won't stick up, pitties can have funny ears. For awhile my dog's ear would stick up and about 5 months it fell over in a marmaduke way. But I love it, i think she looks so cute with it.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
My dog Helena's ears went through a lot of changes. For awhile, one was rose prick and the other was dropped. But she grew into a very beautiful set of ears.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
her being purebred won't meant that her ears won't stick up, pitties can have funny ears. For awhile my dog's ear would stick up and about 5 months it fell over in a marmaduke way. But I love it, i think she looks so cute with it.[/QUOTE

oh,i didnt know if that would affect it or not....both of my dog baileys ears stick up,about a month ago only one did,maybe she will change/she looks funny with her ears sometimes :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dog Helena's ears went through a lot of changes. For awhile, one was rose prick and the other was dropped. But she grew into a very beautiful set of ears.
do you know when they stop changing?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
okay ill go look

·
Registered
58 Posts
My girls did the same at around the same age. But are now straight up. Doesn't bother me but makes some believe she isn't full APBT.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My girls did the same at around the same age. But are now straight up. Doesn't bother me but makes some believe she isn't full APBT.
her ears act like they are gonna fall,i have the same problem.people dont believe me

1 - 20 of 28 Posts