Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i took mj outside for a while i would say noon-ish (under shade ofcourse) and she started looking like she was dizzy... swaying side to side.. i brought her inside and about a hr later i came back to check up on her and she was in her kennel with throw up all on her bed, floor... i got scared idk what happend or whats wrong with my girl, so i took her out side and walked her around a little and took her to my grandparents had her outside for a little longer and she threw up again but just acid looking stuff... all this happened out of no where im not sure if she ate something or what but shes been drinking, eatting, and active. but today she was just different... any advice would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea im thinking about doing so... she ate her second meal and HAS been drinking water. she was also drinking water earlier nate... idk i just took her out and i let her drink more water and she wanted to go back outside so i took her now she just looks tired. but shes been playing with me:clap:
so im thinking thats a good thing. im going to observe her the next day and if its the same thing im taking her FORSURE.

thanks for replying

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
good to have a thermometer on hand for the dog taking a temp would have been the 1st thing I would have done , they can get heat stroke in the shade as well each dog handles heat differently then the other. If she hasnt thrown up in the last lil bit I would just keep an eye on her tonight. Imnot sure I would have fed her Id let her drink but watch she doesnt over do it to fast oor could cause her to vomit again. make sure she stays hydrated if she throws up at all tonight id re-evaluate and either take her in 1st thing in morning or tonight if she shows other symptoms.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
how hot is it there? in the summer i usually wait until it starts to get dark before i walk the dogs.. or early in the morning because it hits triple digits almost daily here

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thank you all for replying!:)

and i have been watching her... she is doing better, im thinking its like you all are saying, she was just dehydrated im more then positive. she doesnt tend well to heat im guessing just like her owner lol i live in south texas.. you best believe its HOT!! lol im thinking she just over heated since it was her first REAL heat exposure as shes only a pup:) no signs off any dehydration or anything as of today.

Also forgot to mention she is a inside dogs so thats how i came to the conclusion.:)

·
Registered
691 Posts
I live in North Texas and it's hot enough for me up here for sure.
I'm glad she is doing better.
I'm very lucky that my pup (when we are outide) will take a dip in the water dishes and keep herself cool. It's been in the 100's for a very very long time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx PRSweetKandi. i am to, i got scared lol

and definitely i am in the triple digit temps!:flush:

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
If she did have a heat stroke you are going to have to watch her in warm weather from now on. Heat affects you differently after having a heat stroke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts