Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok today I'm walking my dog KING he is a red nose.....one o my friends sees me and walks up my dog starts to shake like he just seen the devil n starts running away.....I don't understand why was he so afraid...my friend does have two blue nose pits of his own but there werent there...mind u he never met this guy n usually when I'm walking him he is not on the lease n he acts different he more aggressive. I could've been attack n he wouldve run n hide smh plz explain this to me

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
"Pits" are not people aggressive dogs and make horrible protection dogs. They were bred to NOT be human aggressive. It's possible the person had been around something that smelled not so good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok but I've also seen my dog not let certain people come close to me he'll know what's going on before I do. This just shocked me how he was acting tnx for the info

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
what do you mean you dont usually walk him on a leash and he acts more aggressive? I dont get that. As stated above though this breed isnt human aggressive. Sounds like a fearful dog to me shaking and running away thats also not a trait seen in this breed. Anf just so you know rednose and blue nose means nothing as far as bloodlines or such its nothing more then a color.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I mean is that when he is not on a leash he reacts differently he is more protective I'm not saying I want him to be his big bad dog who wants to fight everything I just never seen him react to someone like this. Loving dog just wondering why was he responding like that.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Ya sounds fearful to me, is this the only time he has acted that way? is he fine with other strangers , anything else make him shy away or shake? Do you know this friend well? I tend to listen to my dogs judgement for the most part when it comes to people, if they dont like someone there is usually a good reason for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No he is not like this at all....he is very friendly he only barks at other dogs and if he doesn't kno you n ur coming into my house. He usually barks at people who gets to close to me when we walking but other than that I never seen him run from someone maybe there is something bout my friend n yes I known this person for yrs it is the first time he seen him but also the dirt one he has done this

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I would start to socialize your dog around more people to stop being fearful of them. You don't get this breed if you are looking for protection, you don't want to encourage that behavior anytime, especially when off leash and not able for you to regain control, hopefully you always keep a collar on.

I agree though, maybe he smelled like something that your dog didn't agree with, especially if its not a normal reaction. How old is your pup?

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Prob just a bad smell, or he felt he was in his territory. Ecko gets a bit mouthy if people walk past our fence line. He won' jump the 3 feet, but he'll let ya know you're in his space. Maybe he felt that guy was in his space.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts