Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about my pitbull hopefully someone can help me on here. I have 34 daypregnant pitbull any only her nipples is gettin bigger. Should tummy be gettin bigger are will that take another week r 2?

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Nipple growth and changes in appetite are usually your first symptoms. At 34 days, she is about halfway through, smaller dogs would be showing, but a larger dog may not (depends on your dogs body weight at the time of breeding as well, you won't notice much on a fat bitch) Was this a planned breeding? You seem pretty sure of the date.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea this was planned..and im positive about the date. Her nipples has gotten huge..her stomach jus aint startd showin yet. Shes the normal size of a pitbull about 60 to 65 pounds. This my first time ever breedn her. Her and the male dog got tied twice

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
60 to 65 pounds isn't 'normal', that totally depends on the individual dog, and is on the very large side for a female APBT. Do you have pics? Why did you decide to breed her?
She is far enough along to have her ultrasounded at your vet and lay any questions to rest.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks. And cause i wanted pitbull pups. And yes i have my profile pic of her. It aont lettn me upload anymore photos

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
There are 5 bajillion 'pit bull' pups out there. Everyone and their brother/uncle cousin breeds them. Not many people want adult 'pit bull' type dogs, too much hassle with landlords and insurance and such. Are you prepared to take back 10-16 puppies when they hit nine months and those super great homes you sold them too can't keep them? or are you going to make sure not to stay in touch with the buyers, so that when the pups end up in the shelter you will be blissfully unaware?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All my pups are already spoken and i got people on the a waiton list. And the pups are goin to a good home. The people that are gettin the pups are really close friends.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Breeding just because is not taken lightly here. If you planned on breeding you should have done the proper research before hand. I hope you will read through the forum and understand the problem these dogs currently face, which a large majority comes form them being over bred.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
All my pups are already spoken and i got people on the a waiton list. And the pups are goin to a good home. The people that are gettin the pups are really close friends.
Sigh, everyone wants puppies. I don't doubt that you have (how many 'close friends' wanting a pup? 15?) It is EASY to get rid of PUPPIES. However, puppies grow into...... wait for it...... DOGS. Dogs of this breed are hard as hell to keep in those 'fabulous' homes.

I know because I get tons of emails a day from people begging me to take their "super awesome, most wonderful dog ever" because they can't keep him/her because 'they are moving, the landlord said no, they got too big, they chew on things, they are too strong, we're having a baby, they dig up the back yard, they bark, they aren't trained'.... the list goes on and on.... and on. The popularity of this breed is what is killing it........ but I digress, just because there are 10 adult dogs today alone that I turned down because of lack of space or resources does not mean you shouldn't bring 16 more into the picture.... how bitchy of me.

Take your bitch to the vet and have her checked out if you have questions/concerns over her pregnancy. You did set aside some money to take her to the vet, right? In case there are complications? She is very pretty and I hope things work out well for you and her.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. And not tryna b mean bt im only 18 i dont need any lecture about tken care of my dogs an puppies. My dog gets treated like baby. And watever puppies dont leave they will stay here with me we own alot of land and they hve room to play around. But thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Sigh, everyone wants puppies. I don't doubt that you have (how many 'close friends' wanting a pup? 15?) It is EASY to get rid of PUPPIES. However, puppies grow into...... wait for it...... DOGS. Dogs of this breed are hard as hell to keep in those 'fabulous' homes.

I know because I get tons of emails a day from people begging me to take their "super awesome, most wonderful dog ever" because they can't keep him/her because 'they are moving, the landlord said no, they got too big, they chew on things, they are too strong, we're having a baby, they dig up the back yard, they bark, they aren't trained'.... the list goes on and on.... and on. The popularity of this breed is what is killing it........ but I digress, just because there are 10 adult dogs today alone that I turned down because of lack of space or resources does not mean you shouldn't bring 16 more into the picture.... how bitchy of me.

Take your bitch to the vet and have her checked out if you have questions/concerns over her pregnancy. You did set aside some money to take her to the vet, right? In case there are complications? She is very pretty and I hope things work out well for you and her.
:goodpost: Excellent post.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
:goodpost: Excellent post.
Seconded!

OP, just because you have two intact dogs and love your dog like a baby, whatever that means, does not in any way justify breeding. Breeding just to breed is what is destroying this breed. Thousands of "pit bulls" come into the world every day as a result of breedings exactly like yours.

And I don't see what you only being 18 has to do with anything other than solidifying in my mind that you've neither the experience or knowledge to be breeding anything, let alone pit bulls.

The best advice I can give you, get your dog spayed after the pups are born, and spay or neuter all the pups she produces and start reading as much as you can. This forum is overflowing with invaluable information. Learn as much as you can and then learn some more. If you still think you want to keep and breed dogs then get a mentor and learn how to do it right: with a purpose , other than making cute pups.

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Kingsgurl

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
If yall dont like what i put. Dont comment and grow up. Thanks! And the best advice i can give tou is to hop off my page. I do want i want with my dogs and i make sure its a responciable choice. And mayb where yall are from yall have alot of mistreated dogs. But where im from people mind there oen business and actually try to help with the question instead of puttn ingornant responces. This is my dog i breeded her cuz i want to. I dont need any1 telln me what to do. I signd up for ths sight cuz i thought it would b helpful...but yall r disrectful an no help at all

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
You have a thing or ten to learn about responsibility. I suggest you pick up a dictionary and start with the basics.

And this isn't your page, this is a public forum so I suggest you ditch the know it all attitude and grow some thicker skin since you put your businesses out there for anyone to comment on, good or bad.

Considering you are breeding for no purpose other than to breed I would say everyone has been pretty civil so far.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pretty civil? I ask a question and i get lectures about breedin

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
you asked a questions that you SHOULD KNOW the answer to BEFORE breeding a dog. What is your plan when your girl is ready to give birth? Do you have a vet on call in case things go wrong? Have you done any additional research since you asked the original question? or just decided you wanted puppies and had a dog so you might as well and who cares if something could go wrong? Please understand, since you stated you are 18, you have so much to learn and people get touchy when this breed is bred just because. There should be a reason to breed, just because you want puppies is NOT a reason. there are thousands of dogs, puppies included, in my area alone looking for homes. Is you dog even papered? If so, what has she accomplished? Even breeding a dog with papers is not the best way to be a breeder. There should be a reason, there are far too many dogs out there to just do it because.

You could still spay your bitch now and not run the risk of her dying in labor (since you have no idea when to expect that based on your initial question) or the offspring abandoned in a shelter because the "people you have lined up and waiting for a puppy" had to move and could not take their dog, or it wasn't a puppy anymore and that's all they really wanted.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spayin her and killin the puppies? Wow! im done with ths drama site. It was surpost to be a HELPFUL site but its not.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Spayin her and killin the puppies? Wow! im done with ths drama site. It was surpost to be a HELPFUL site but its not.
It is helpful, but its main goal among educating the uneducated, irresponsible owners who may come asking for help and help to educate in order to preserve the type of dogs your user name says you love... to love them you should want to be educated first and ask all the questions you need before just tying 2 dogs and hoping it created puppies. Now that you are in the situation a spay and abort is a very responsible way to end a litter that should not have been there to begin with.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
We are very helpful to those willing to listen and learn. Again, this thread could have gotten ugly, I've seen it happen numerous times. You've been handled with kid gloves. Every bit of helpful information has gone in one ear and out the other.

Good luck finding a forum that tells you exactly what you want to hear...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts