Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my pup onyx had diarhea majority of the time ive had him. ive changed his food multiple times brought him to the vet got meds, and still no help. i finally switched to blue buffalo and started adding pumpkin and his stool is wayyy better. But now the problem is in the morning his stool will be perfect.(after laying in the kennel all night) but then throughout the day `it will be half hard half soft. Anyone know why. What can i do to change this?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I would wait until other members to comment but I gotta ask how old is your pup and how long have you been on one brand before changing over.
It maybe because you are changing brands to quickly and its hurting his stomach...

though, that little information will be needed to help the other members, I think. It may help them.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Stop changing foods. Pick one and stick with it. That is probably why he has had the issues. It will take about a week to adjust to a food. Try it for like a month instead of changing so quickly. How much are you feeding, how old is your pup, and are you using pumpkin every time?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just want to make it clear that ive done my research. i know all the procedures when switching food and the effects of it. Each food i fed him i used for more than a month each time with no success. and switched with prgoression. i Didnt find out about pumpkin until i switched to the food i have now. THe bag says to feed him almost 4 cups a day. Since i add pumpkin ive been feeding him 3 cups a day. Hes 7 months old

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I add a tablespoon of pumpkin every meal (twice a day) and fish oil for his skin/coat as well in the morning. I had the same issue with my pup until I went with Blue Buffalo Wilderness, which is the grain free. He used to just be on the regular BB and he was ok in the morning and then not ok throughout the day. Never had accidents, but it was not as hard as I would like. Once I made the switch to grain free (about 2 months ago) it was great.

Some others say it could be allergies. I was already feeding him chicken BB, so I went with the chicken BB wilderness so I didn't change THAT much, so if it was allergies I would be able to figure it out. Just don't change too many things at once cause then you don't know if it gets fixed what the issue could have been. If all else fails you can try RAW, but that's a time commitment and should not be experimented on until you read up on it for a few months. Try grain free and read up on raw and see what happens in a month or 2 with grain free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts