Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment at 4:30 for him to see the vet. The shelter is closed on Monday...duh I knew that should have called yesterday. Oh well I will call tomorrow. He is having problems lifting his head I wonder if he has a neck injury.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awww look at that face, I hope he is ok, let us know what happens. He looks chow/ golden mix. No matter I heart his sad eyes. ;)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think he is chow not too many of them around here. I think he has chessie in him that is what his fur feels like. Yes he looks very sad. I need to get some weight on him you see his back bone.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Now that you say that I do see the Chessy in him as well as Golden, maybe a mix of the two, I can't see his spine int his pic but I hope he gets happy very soon. Let us know what happens Sharon :D

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I will. I have a feeling that if the shelter doesn't take him he might just stay here. I need to introduce him and Vendetta. She has only seen him through the broads of the barn.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I am worried he has neck injuries. Poor guy. I hope the vet can help us out. If this vet can not I will get to a different vet just have to work around my stupid work schedule.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I do hope the vet can help, poor guy, I hope you do keep him I would love to see him get a great forever home with you and Miss V :D

·
Banned
835 Posts
is there any signs of blunt force trauma?
IE: swelling, bruising, contustions...ect.?

or is it he can't lift his head or stand unassisted?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Poor guy.....

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
was this the one you found injured on the side of the road? the neighbors didnt care? think he was hit by a car he looks in pain and such sad eyes. Hope he can be helped good on you for taking him in . is getting around at all today or still having issues with his front end? So sad that the owners didnt care .

·
Registered
780 Posts
Some people seriously need a good ol fashioned whoopin.How could you leave your dog like that . SMDH.Hope he turns out OK.Good luck.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we just got back from the vet. He does have nerve damage we unsure if he will get better. I am going to watch him and possibly take him to another vet to have some test run on him. He doesn't have a temp and his colour is good he heart sounded good and his pupils dilate alright too. He does have feeling in his limbs as he will pull back when you grab ahold of his paws but he is having trouble figuring out where to place his feet to get a solid footing.

I guess he is here until we know if he will get better I doubt the shelter will take him. I did have get his vacc. The vet thought was stupid as he might have to be put down if he doesn't come out of it.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Sorry so late to the convo, Sharon. This pic has got my emotions up, but I knew it would:( You are really going to bat for this pup and I pray it pays off, what a damn shame. I HATE HATE HATE your neighbor with a passion, there is no excuse for this. This pup has gone thru more in a few days than most of us will go thru in a lifetime, and he deserves a chance, I just about can't take this situation Sharon. However, I want to know what happens. There are those who talk and those who do, you, Sharon, are a doer. Take care of him and yourself.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes Christian I will go to bat for him he deserve a chance. I need to call a friend n the am I can not remember the name of the animals chiropracter in town. I don't have a new phone either. We had this do demos at the pet expo last year. Maybe he can help us out. This guys is going through alot and he does complain. No growling at all he just wants to be loved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts