Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about getting a new pup. I'm trying to learn as much as I can to make sure a bull is what I can handle. little about me I'm 25 married jut bought a house. Ive had two small dogs a wiener and my wife has a cocker.

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Welcome to the pack! Hope you find lots of info here. Your best bet is to read under the training section, the threads we call Sticky Threads. There's references on training & socialization, why pups bite, etc. There's also a health & nutrition section also, that breaks down different issues you may encounter during the life of your pup/dog, from simple things like when they need vaccines, to parvo, skin issues & allergies. I recommend you also read up on the history of the APBT, and also check out the section at the bottom of the home page called Bullies 101 as it offers some insight to the difference in the American Bully vs the APBT.

It's important that you understand the differences in the breeds, not only for the sake of the pure bred breed(s), but also for your family & dogs. Some of these breeds are not always other dog friendly, whether they're raised with said dogs or not.

Remember, if you have any questions not covered in any thread/section of the forum that i've mentioned, please don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help educate & not discriminate. I hope you enjoy your stay on our yard, and get along well with the rest of the pack :).

Reactions: dixieland

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D i think bev about covered everything...lol

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum!Bev made all good points.If you've never had this breed before I suggest reading as much as you can before jumping right in to owning one.They may require alot of exercise and time depending on if you get an apbt,amstaff,ambully,etc......
If you have other dogs you may have to live the crate and rotate lifestyle when your pup gets older.The majority of these dogs are DA (dog agressive) and cannot be around other dogs without wanting to fight them.And a apbt fight is very different than any other kind of dog fight.
I'll let you read up some before I continue,as there's lots to learn.Welcome to the forum again and thanks for trying to find out first if this is the breed for you and your family.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum, hope you find all the info you are looking for :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome. Glad to you came to get some info. first. :)

Sidenote, I know this is immature, but I think it's funny that you described your dogs as a wiener and a cocker. lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts