Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently one bite just wasn't enough. After the neighbors dog bit a child in the face you'd think they'd be more reposnsible, sadly this is not the case with them. I was sitting in my room and all of a sudden I hear wild barking and yelling. I look out my window and both the damn dogs were trying to attack one of our elderly neighbors. As she was getting out her car they rushed her and she had to walk backwards towards her door swinging her cain so they couldn't bite her. I ran outside and started yelling at the dogs to draw focus away from her. They immediately took off running down the street.
I knocked on the door and the lady looked shocked when I told her. She said she had no clue they were even out. Really lady? How did you not hear all that? I'm all the way across the street and I heard it plain as day. I explained to her there is a leash law and she needs to pay better attention to what's going on or someone will get hurt and she will be responsible for it. I offered to help her with proper tie outs or chain set ups so we'll see what happenes. Ugh I just can't stand how careless people can be. Especially with a big powerful human aggressive dog. That bulldog is going to end up hurting someone bad and what do you think the headlines will say. 10 bucks says it'll read "pit bull attack" doesn't matter that it's an American Bulldog, it will be a pit bull if it bites :curse:

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
gosh, i hate people like that. that lady needs a good slap upside the head and her dogs taken from her. and ur right soon as the dog bites it will be deemed a "pit bull" by the media.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AC was called and the neighbor is filing a report I'm guessing cause I can see cops over there right now. I won't be surprised if the come over here next to ask me what I saw since I pretty much saved that poor lady. If she would have ran or turned to grab the door I'm sure they would have gotten ahold of her. I'll tell them straight up what I saw and what happened yesterday with the kids. I have no tolerance for people like this. It may sound harsh but I'd put them dogs down. I don't take kindly to human aggression, especially the kid who did nothing wrong.
I do feel bad for the dog, as it was kinda only doing what was commanded but they have obviously screwed both these dogs up so bad there kinda just ticking time bombs. There's a lot if really great dogs out there that need homes, no sense in waiting time on the ones that are too far gone :( so so sad. I'm sure they both could have been good dogs had they been given decent owners but just by seeing what she does to them I'm not surprised they act aggressive towards people. What are they suppose to think about people when the one who are suppose to love and care for them beat and abuse them :( poor things. It's so sad they never really had much if a chance.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
WOW... Speachless. This is why im so FOR euthanizing HA dogs, I understand some can handle them but majority of owners out there are just like this and not set up for that. Glad the old lady was ok good on you for rushing to help her. Neighbours need there head's examined I think.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea they're acting like they're not home now and not answering the door. Grrr I bet they'll find some place to hide them or just keep ditching the cops till they move again. I'm clueless as to what to do now. I told them what I saw and I know they're home, but the cops are leaving now so what now? They can't just hide them and get away with letting their dogs terrorize the neighbors. What if they get out again tonight and seriously hurt someone? WTF? Shit pisses me off!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Yea they're acting like they're not home now and not answering the door. Grrr I bet they'll find some place to hide them or just keep ditching the cops till they move again. I'm clueless as to what to do now. I told them what I saw and I know they're home, but the cops are leaving now so what now? They can't just hide them and get away with letting their dogs terrorize the neighbors. What if they get out again tonight and seriously hurt someone? WTF? Shit pisses me off!!!!
Sucks girl, hope they Police don't give up, but not like they can be on stand by waiting for dogs to appear. So horrible feel so bad for you girl! Did you tell the bad owners? or did you go tell the cops?

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Well if i remember your other post right, that lady told that kid it was okay to go pet the dogs and then while on the neighbors property and fence line, thats when it happened.. Correct?

If so i really wouldn't put much blame on the hounds if their bred and trained to guard the property.. Even if unstable, it was that ladies fault for saying it was okay to go on the property to pet strange dogs neither know or have met.. That entire situation could have been avoided easily by just using a bit of common sense..

This situation could have also used sense on the owners of the dogs behalf and as you have said its critical to contain your dogs to begin with, especially ones that are trained guard dogs OR HA of any level.. When you start putting people at risk its time to face you have no clue how to proper contain your dogs.. Usually as a result of being a moron and having complete lack of control.

With mine, for instance when on guard duty at the house they will not bite, charge or attack anyone unless coming onto the property. However i can say that if someone reached over the fence to pet one of mine, they are also asking for it..

Which is why it is my responsibility to ensure all my neighbors, especially ones with children understand you don't breach my property. If they want to pet i must first give THEM permission.

At their job guarding the property of a mechanic workshop at night a few nights a week, it is ZERO tolerance. You attempt to break in you will be attacked, you make noise on the fence line you will either be scared off or better not do anything stupid..

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I thought it was the lady telling her dog to "go" and then the dog running up and biting the kid when he bent down to pet it, but I maybe confusing stories.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Idiot, idiot owners, suddenly I'm thankful for the annoying neighborhood dog being a Chihuahua.

ABs are more of a guardian breed right? Or at least have guarding tendencies. Ignorance, of course if they're allowed to run rampant they might believe they're guarding. Stupid stupid owner. It's just a recipe for disaster. And I agree, it'll most likely be labeled a pit bull. :(

·
Registered
962 Posts
this is a situation that sadly happens way too often, Owners who just completely lack common sense.
Good on you for offering to help the hapless owners to find a way to prevent this from happening again. Most neighbors are not that kind. Many in our area would just have a pistol ready.
From an animal control employee, i would recommend that one of the best things you can do to help your local AC or police department is to get a date stamped picture of the dogs any where off of their property, especially if this continues after this last incedent. One of those "a picture is worth a thousand words" thing. The owner can deny and deny but if you have proof to prove them wrong more serious action can be taken.
good luck and hopefully with your help any other situations like this never happen.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No the kids were not on the property at all they one was on the side walk and the other two were in the street. The dogs should have been leashes as none of us have fences around the front yards. The kid was saying the dog was pretty and asked to pet it and she then told him "go" and pointed to the kid. He never went on her property. Yes ABs are a guardian breed which is why they had no business out front off leash. They have no clue how to handle or train that dog and it's scary now.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Krystal, Megan gave some good advice... get a photo or video with the date stamp on it, to prove the dogs are not leashed and off property and take it to ACO. I'd be mad as hell too, if I had to witness what you witnessed the last couple days. Best of luck keeping your cool.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Bev. I just downloaded an HDR PRO fast cam app for my iPhone so I'll be ready if it happens again. God I hope not.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I hope something is able to happen.

Dunno if the reply was specific to me, but I wasn't referring to their yard, if allowed to run rampant they most likely wouldn't just think their yard is their territory (generally barriers are recognized without human teaching). Wasn't by any means saying it's okay, more like a little brain blurb that pops out of my head often. ^_^

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Thanks Bev. I just downloaded an HDR PRO fast cam app for my iPhone so I'll be ready if it happens again. God I hope not.
We hope not also, Krystal.. but I sure hope you can get it on video if it does.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Oh okay, just misunderstood the first situation.. It really will boil down to them catching it in action, IF it happens don't hesitate, call the police or AC and start recording..

This reminds me of the chow chow situation i had several months ago, only not sure you would want it to end the same way of one of these dogs jumping on your property and having one of yours dispatch..

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Thats just crazy.. a sign of the times... Kudos Krystal!! Way to kick the situation in its ass!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hope something is able to happen.

Dunno if the reply was specific to me, but I wasn't referring to their yard, if allowed to run rampant they most likely wouldn't just think their yard is their territory (generally barriers are recognized without human teaching). Wasn't by any means saying it's okay, more like a little brain blurb that pops out of my head often. ^_^
Oh it wasn't directed at you ;)
We hope not also, Krystal.. but I sure hope you can get it on video if it does.
I hope that was the last thing but who knows. They're pretty careless people :(
Oh okay, just misunderstood the first situation.. It really will boil down to them catching it in action, IF it happens don't hesitate, call the police or AC and start recording..

This reminds me of the chow chow situation i had several months ago, only not sure you would want it to end the same way of one of these dogs jumping on your property and having one of yours dispatch..
Oh man I remember that, stupid chow I hate them dogs. I really hope they don't end up in my yard. It wouldn't be a pretty sight if D got a hold of either of them.
Thats just crazy.. a sign of the times... Kudos Krystal!! Way to kick the situation in its ass!
Thanks Stan. I never thought I'd say this but I actually wish my old neighbors were still there. I'd take their nice little happy JRT over these two horrible dogs any day.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts