Go Pitbull Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
You wouldn't happen to know if they are renting by chance? Because if they were, and you could get in touch with landlord. Most landlords will evict people if they might end up facing a lawsuit. Giving the way people sue everyone and there mother.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No I don't think they're renting cause the sign that was out front said "For Sale" and they're doing some sort of construction over there now. My guess is the bought it :(

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
ya... I wouldnt be so kind :) that dog woulda got shot, backing that elderly lady down. Its hard keeping you and yours safe when messing with a neighbor, while still resolving the issue. Seems like video evidence is the key to your safety Crystal :)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
These people are so damn ignorant. 11:00pm last night we hear barking, sure enough those stupid dogs were chasing the neighbors cats down the street. Unfortunately it was too dark to get a pic :( these people are really pissin me off I mean what's it gunna take for them to keep their dogs inside or out back. They have a nice fenced back yard. This is rediculous!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Damn, that sucks a big one. I hope you can catch them loose in the day time and get a good couple shots or a video of them and report it to AC. Try and keep a written log of everything that goes on, complete with dates/times, whether you called AC or not, and if you did, what was said or done by AC. If you keep a good enough record, it won't be long before the AC can continue to ignore it.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Another option along with the logs is if you feel comfortable enough doing so, next time they are out contain them yourself and call AC.. When AC gets there explain to them what you saw and show them the detailed logs.. Also explain they are not your dogs but the neighbors.. You see, if the neighbors want to act like they are doing nothing wrong and you have the dogs in possession just until AC arrives, they are forced with either being honest or denying its their dogs.. Either way, you win..

It sounds like the dogs need either experienced hands or to be PTS... Thats really the only options there are, staying with them obviously isn't working.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Your right KM they do need experienced owners, maybe even PTS. Maybe they're used to being in the county where they can let them roam around on a large property but that isn't the case anymore. We have an elementary school not even 2 blocks up the street and these dogs have no business out of their yard. When a little kid gets hurt they will be sorry. I really hope it doesn't come to that. I'd be very afraid to try and trap them. They might bite if I try to touch them. I'm going to call my dad tonight and see if he can help. The drummer in his band works for AC in the next town over, so maybe he can help us even though it's not in his area. I'm really worried. What if one of these days those dogs charge us when we're taking our son out to ride his bike or taking Dosia for a walk. I will kill someone if one of my babies gets hurt cause they're lazy and can't contain their dogs. It's BS that I have to be worried about my kid playing on my own freakin property.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
get a pistol and a carry permit.. you wont worry about stuff like that anymore

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
get a pistol and a carry permit.. you wont worry about stuff like that anymore
yeah not in my state, lol, not sure how Cali is. Gun permits are issued few and far in between in Massachusetts. Mace is hard enough, let alone a gun permit. A couple friends who have had no issues what so ever no arrests, etc were just denied RENEWING their license and are in the process of fighting it. But that's a long expensive and lengthy battle.

Sorry girl, bad neighbors just suck. I would be worried about trying to contain them yourself though, especially if they have already bite someone.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yea I've been thinking about getting a concealed weapons permit since the time I almost got stabbed at the has station I worked at.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Yea I've been thinking about getting a concealed weapons permit since the time I almost got stabbed at the has station I worked at.
Damn yeah you need something.. Get yourself a Bandog or another AB.. ;) Guns are extremely common in the southeast and in my town its almost EVERY week theres stories of people getting shot at or killed.. Which happens every where but given Florence isn't exactly a "big" city, its bad.. Mostly associated with drug traffic as Florence sits right there where hwy 20 meets 95.

But its funny that all these people can get guns yet a dog is a biggest deterrent.. Unfortunately lately theres been a lot of "Pit Bulls", Bulldogs and other breeds being stolen in Florence, Columbia and Sumter SC.. That can be when a gun comes in..

Personally i'd rather have a PP hound than a gun any day of the week since a dog offers far more than a gun does, plus i am a heavy sleeper so putting one of my hounds in the yard at night delivers a little more piece of mind.

If i were local where you are Krystal i'd step in and help the situation, or at least try to with your neighbors.. Damn shame and i don't think anything is going to change their mind until the worst happens.. That or the dogs get taken from them, people like that are hard headed and don't see common sense..

All you can do is keep doing what your doing to help the situation and hopefully it can be resolved before someone gets hurt.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks KM. we probably will get another AB. Ryan misses them and has been wanting another one for quite some time now. He always made me take Mack to the store with me after dark lol. He was totally my protector. People tend to not mess with dogs who's heads are far bigger than a basket ball loll. That dog would have ripped someone's arm off if it was anywhere close to me. He was very very protective of me.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i just say a pistol, because if some 100lb dog is rushing me with the intent to attack.. its gonna get shot

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
i just say a pistol, because if some 100lb dog is rushing me with the intent to attack.. its gonna get shot
Not if its at night and you don't see it until its too late :thumbsup:

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I would never just let my dogs rush a person but if someone tried coming up on me in the dark they'd definitely have another think coming. He just made sure people kept their distance and hands to themselves ;)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I would never just let my dogs rush a person but if someone tried coming up on me in the dark they'd definitely have another think coming. He just made sure people kept their distance and hands to themselves ;)
Of course but if its my property and someones going to break in, you wont see them until they are on you..

In fact third and fourth night at their job guarding a local car garage got a bud of mine to suit up and make sure they were doing their jobs.. Alternate from night to night they are working between the two.. Flawless..

Reactions: Firehazard

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Not if its at night and you don't see it until its too late :thumbsup:
i dont walk at night unless my dogs are w/ me.. :D .. they'll definitely let me know if a dog is around.. lol

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I'm with you on that one Clint. I don't go anywhere alone with out my Dosia and a can of bear mase.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts