·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
He is quite the looker :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Most people think he is a rotty/ dobbie mix when we are out, but tons of people are facinated by him. A few people have known that he is a apbt. Unfortunately, mostly thugs/wannabe thugs. We did have an old man about a week ago though that knew what he was right away. Its been a pleasure watching this whole litter grow.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Nice ! I wouldn't mind a tri apbt or just a black and tan one.

Reactions: Nizmo

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice ! I wouldn't mind a tri apbt or just a black and tan one.
Yea, I am partial to the markings. Hard to find since(good ones at least) AKC doesn't accept them, I think the ADBA doesn't now either and only a handful of Judges in UKC like them. ( one is here though :) ) I caught a lot of riff when I did the breeding simple because there is so much "Doggie style racism" for lack of better words. The litter turned out great and I even kept most of them until life made a huge surprise left turn.. LOL Still have Nukers and still keep in touch with all owners. I'll have to post all the pup and current pics up one of these days.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
^^ yea do that. I more so would like just a black and tan one. The white is ok. They look like mutts to the general public so that would be good for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
^^ yea do that. I more so would like just a black and tan one. The white is ok. They look like mutts to the general public so that would be good for me.
They do have to have some white on them in regards to standard. People are less intimidated by him given they think he is a mix. I always find it funny when people ask to pet him and while petting they ask what kind of mix he is and we say no mix he is APBT and they pull away. :)

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
They do have to have some white on them in regards to standard. People are less intimidated by him given they think he is a mix. I always find it funny when people ask to pet him and while petting they ask what kind of mix he is and we say no mix he is APBT and they pull away. :)
Lol I bet.
I think I've only seen one pic of a black and tan. He's handsome tho. I have a gsd as well as a bully. Ppl cross the street. Some ask to pet but street crossing cracks me up.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Yea, I am partial to the markings. Hard to find since(good ones at least) AKC doesn't accept them, I think the ADBA doesn't now either and only a handful of Judges in UKC like them. ( one is here though :) ) I caught a lot of riff when I did the breeding simple because there is so much "Doggie style racism" for lack of better words. The litter turned out great and I even kept most of them until life made a huge surprise left turn.. LOL Still have Nukers and still keep in touch with all owners. I'll have to post all the pup and current pics up one of these days.
The AKC does accept the Tri Color in the staff but it's harder for them to win because it's considered a fault and is not to be encouraged but it's not a disqualification.

American Kennel Club - American Staffordshire Terrier

American Kennel Club - Breed Colors and Markings

Color
Any color, solid, parti, or patched is permissible, but all white, more than 80 per cent white, black and tan, and liver not to be encouraged.

The ADBA does accept them there are several Sorrells bred dogs who happen to be Tri's.

American Dog Breeders Association

American Dog Breeders Association

http://www.ampitbull.com/pedigree-XXX.htm

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol I bet.
I think I've only seen one pic of a black and tan. He's handsome tho. I have a gsd as well as a bully. Ppl cross the street. Some ask to pet but street crossing cracks me up.
HAHA! Yea I had a GSD a while back, my family was pretty heavy into them and Dobbies when I was young and people were scared to death of them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts