Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to this forum, as well as to apbt... and i actually found it looking for information about the RAW diet... i have been researching this topic for weeks now, and i have come to the conclusion that YOU ALL know what youre talking about! lol that being said let me move on...

i started mj on her diet last monday and she had been doing fine, she was being fed kibble for a few weeks after she started eatting solids... i then started researching the debates over the best food for the animal, best care, etc.(as i do all my animals) and came to it that i switch her over to a RAW diet.
well i started with information i read on the site as well as other sites disscusing the topic... started her off on chicken with small bones(chicken wings).. due to she is still a pup, the first 2 day she showed detoxing signs and after that she did well. stool was solid she was brighter in color and even smelled better :)... so i then started moving to a more MEATY bone, as thats what it say to do in most of the discussions...i then switched her up with some turkey necks because i read that chicken wings where not good for them at such a young age... i didnt know what to believe at that point but i knew she LOVEEDD her raw meat. so the switch went fine, stool still solid, and i started running out of necks about 5 days later so i had to get her more meat.. i started giving her chicken quaters(as ive read the best meaty bone to give em for a while to get them more use to the diet) she LOVED em and her stool was still solid, until today i fed her half a neck and most of the quater for her breakfast and when i took her out side to :flush: her stool was a little runny.. not to much but kinda so i gave her a little bit of yogart.

ive never done this and i guess my question is... am i on the right track? am i doing right by switching her up a little or should i just stick with the quaters until she passes it? she seems to kinda want kibble still because her litter still eats it and she plays with them everyday but i never let her touch that junk! its full or fillers!! and plus she looks NOTHING like her sisters, they are sooooo fat compared to her, shes more tone and cut its such a CRAZYY difference the main difference that i dont like is that her sisters are all bigger and a little bit taller then her, but that doesnt stop her small butt from whooping the main lady! haha mj's stronger then her.

any feedback would be appreciated!:)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum, for RAW there is some great advice and threads on it people to talk to on here is pitbullmama and deuceaddicted they know there stuff when it comes to RAW diets. Hope you find what your looking for and share some pics of your new pup :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have been reading alot of threads on RAW...
and like i said this site would be my best of choice for talking with other members about it.
thanks for your help anyways:) and i suree will once i bring my laptop to work with me to upload them.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Read The Prey Model RAW. It is a great guide on how to start feeding RAW but until you have researched it and understand it then I don''t think you should be feeding it. If not done correctly then it can do more harm than good. Chicken backs and quarters are a great start and if you follow the Prey Model it will tell you what protein sources to add when and when it is time to incorporate organ meat and muscle meat. The only thing it leaves out is mixing in pureed veggies, which I feed about 5-15% of veggies. You will find varying opinions on feeding veggies. Some say they don't need them, but they actually do need them. Roughage helps with digestion and they are extremely nutritional, but only if pureed.

Read the Prey Model RAW, search our health guru Deb (geisthxe)'s posts, and then if you still have questions post them up.

RAW is best for a dog. It is everything he or she needs and nothing they don't; in addition, RAW is 97% digestible as opposed to kibble, which is only 47-77% digestible. The proof is in the poop. Literally :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts