Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you make some totally bomb cakes that look way awesome. I thought it would be cool to try and make a 3D cake for Ryan. My attempt at marzipan was so so sad lol so I used home made butter cream frosting that was chilled over night. Let me know what you think :)

first sculpting and setting in the fridge, the frosting was starting to get soft. lol

I used some black tube frosting for the eyes and made a thin glaze with cocoa powder and milk to coat the whole cake.

The teeth are kinda crooked and the eyes are a bit off but not to horrible for a first try right :woof:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Thats awesome , really cool . has he seen it yet? iv never been great with marzipan either lol , always stick to butter cream or fondant or royal icing. Way to go chica good job !!!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks girl :hug: He's at work right now, it's a surprise :) I think he'll like it, It's red velvet cake too so it'll look all bloody when we cut it :D

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Thats cool looking

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts
That's pretty freakin rad! GREAT job Krystal!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!!!! I can't wait till Ryan gets off work. I think he's gunna like it :D

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
that does look cool

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Thats awesome K!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Holly :) I'm gunna attempt a pit cake next :)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I saw this on FB Krystal you did an amazing job for your first try. I wanna know what Ryan thinks when he gets home :D

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll try and get a pic of his face for you :) We should totally make a special pitty cake when you come out :D

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awww can it be a rednose :p And I am so down to see that, and yes I would love to see his face, I bet he is gonna love it, you really did an awesome job girl :D

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
thats rocks!! So realistic I would not want to eat it!! lol

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks you guys :) He came home and was like, "Woa that's BA!!!" we still haven't cut it yet ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
aww thats cool he liked it , I wouldnt want to cut it either looks 2 good , although red velvet is my fav lol.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea the dirty glaze came out really really good. A good friend of mine wants me to make him a green skull for his wedding cake loll :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts