Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys Im new to the site and I've gotta question for ya'll what do yall think about breeding your female during her second heat shes already 70+ pounds here grandsire is King Lion so I know she will be a good producer but I've heard you have a better chance of getting a good litter if you wait till age two but has anyone had success not waiting? thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
No dog should be bred befor 2 yrs old. It's not that "youll get a better litter" its that a young pup has not had enough time to show potential health and temperment issues. You have to ask yourself "what does my dog have to offer the next generation as far as bettering the breed"? Take time and educate yourself on every aspect of breeding befor you open that door. This breed or breeds (Am bully, Apbt) is severely overbred and does not need any more unwanted dogs . There are alot of ppl on here more versed in this than I so I hope you do not take their wisdom for granite.Its best to "leave the breeding to the breeders" Good luck with your research
EDIT: In case you get the wrong impression from my screen name im not a breeder i just have a lot of dogs and thats what it feels like here a kennel lol.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I am with Becca, pass the popcorn.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
In the voice of MC Hammer.... "Can't touch this....."

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I would read some of what this site has to offer on breeding. We have many threads if you just search for them. Breeding is not taken lightly here, when done with out true goals and purpose. If you would even consider breeding a 70lb dog at 1 year old, you should not be breeding and need to further study before thinking about doing so.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
ha what exactly do you and becca mean?! ha
This website isn't too fond of many breeders... there is a tough criteria to meet to be generally accepted within this community as someone who has the dogs best interest at heart... this is more of a rescue/pet place that offers information on all aspects of the dogs lives (health, nutrition, training, BSL, etc). You probably won't get too many nice answers around here about this particular thread topic. Please don't let this run you off because there IS a boatload of information to help you get a kennel off on the right foot, you just have to dig for it.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
It doesn't matter how much a girl weighs. She is not physically mature on the inside. Wait til she is done developing.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
can i get some popcorn please :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
*takes away popcorn and tells everyone to behave or I will come back and take the gummy bears too*

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
If you think that getting into starting a kennel and breeding to make money, think again. Most actually lose money money taking care of the momma and the litter.There are many aspects to breeding and there are tons of things that can go wrong, you could even lose your girl. If you want to become a breeder and learn about these dogs and complimenting bloodlines, and everything else that comes with being a breeder, go to some shows in your area and find a breeder that you really like to mentor you. Having a mentor will really give you education and they will point you in the right direction.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awwww :p Holly, please I will behave :D

Welcome to GP :D

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
GIN AND JUICE PITS BLUE PITBULLS FOR SALE PITBULL PUPPIES PITBULL KENNELS PITBULL PUPPY FOR SALE

^^ quite a good size yard for not knowing that question already...

KG420If you think that getting into starting a kennel and breeding to make money, think again. Most actually lose money money taking care of the momma and the litter.There are many aspects to breeding and there are tons of things that can go wrong, you could even lose your girl. If you want to become a breeder and learn about these dogs and complimenting bloodlines, and everything else that comes with being a breeder, go to some shows in your area and find a breeder that you really like to mentor you. Having a mentor will really give you education and they will point you in the right direction.
:goodpost:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Sadie Spits the popcorn and the gummy bears back out in disbelief ... Walks away slowly without the popcorn or gummy bears .....

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Didn't even get any popcorn or gummy bears, and I'm in disbelief too!

I would definitely listen to American_Pit13. She's giving you very sound advice!

Krystal, excellent post.

Stan, great find! Thanks for sharing that info.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts