Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to start a new post since I am new to the site. Also 2 months into owning my first Amer. Bully, my sweet Kandi. She is my new pride and joy. I have a 4 year old son that adores her and she adores him as well.

Just thought I'd give a quick hello! :) I am just getting used to how to operate. <3

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much, they asked if I wanted to crop them, I told them nooo I want to keep her ears as they are. Plus, I didn't want her to go through the pain of being in a cone and stuff. She's beautiful the way she is :)

·
Banned
283 Posts
My husband and I are having a Crop debate lol. I love how Natural Ears are so unpredictable, but I love how clean Cropping makes their head. Why can't the dog make the decision lol.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I would have gotten a male, I believe I would have gotten his ears cropped. I was very so wanting a male, but I ended up with Kandi, and I really wouldn't trade her. Cropping ears seems painful, but I hear it helps to prevent ear infections and things of that nature. I'm not quite sure. I've also heard people seem to think the ones with their ears cropped look more aggressive (eventhough they are more than likely not) so more scared of those.

Either way you decide, I'm sure you will make the right choice :)

·
Banned
283 Posts
Its commonly associated with the "fighters". But the longer Show Crops look really good lol. I'm kicking myself for getting a puppy, I should have just gotten an adult one so I don't have to make this decision lol.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw this bully on youtube named titan. He had his ears lazered. I have never seen any ears look so well cropped. Some of the dogs I've seen with ear croppings look crooked or really uneven. That is one thing I would be scared of. LOL

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Welcome to GP. I'd crop, especially if you have an American Bully, but that is just my personal preference.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
ide say crop too ;) i would crop mine if it wasnt 4 da BSL ...:mad:

sorry 4got to say...hola :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hi and welcome :) Unless you are showing your dog in competition then I see no point in cropping ears. I like the crop look to but my girl has perfect rose prick ears so I left them alone. No sense in putting a "pet" dog through the pain of cropping but that is just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not going to crop them now. I have a 4 year old son that plays with her a lot. I don't think he would understand her being in a cone and her ears beign gone. She's a pet and I love playing with her ears. If I would have told them to crop her ears before I got her, that would be different :)

Thanks for the welcomings!

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
what is BSL? lol
it is called Breed Specific Legislation

It is pretty much a law that bands specific breeds to be allowed in the city that elects to enforce the legislation.

they pretty much are geared toward the APBT, AST, ABT. and sadly declare the breed as a whole "violent"

Its kinda sketchy how they identify the breed as well...I seen a boxer/lab mix be declared to be a pit mix. They have no clue...unfortunately it exist

I know that Denver and Miami enforces this law...but not too sure which other cities do...

ne ways hope this helps ya..try doin a search, u will find alot of info on this.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think we are affected by that. But I would hate to have something like that go into affect and her ears be cropped. That is a scary thought.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
welcome to the site there tons to be learned here, oh and MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I don't think we are affected by that. But I would hate to have something like that go into affect and her ears be cropped. That is a scary thought.
If you own a dog that looks "pit bull type" in any form or fashion then you are affected by BSL in some way. If your city enacts some type of restriction or ban then guess what.... your dog will be targeted, cropped ears or not sweetheart. Thousands of dogs die every day because of BSL and that is why many of us do what we can to educate the ignorant about all bully breeds. One of our members, Bully Doc, has done an amazing job at trying to overturn the pit bull ban in Arkansas where she lives. As of yet, the ban has still not been lifted, but she and her husband both have done a great deal in raising awareness, attending meetings, writing senators and reps, etc.

It is a little scary to me you have no idea what BSL is and you own a bully breed. Please visit our BSL section.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Definitely read up on BSL and join some Anti BSL groups, they are really good at listing cities where a bsl law is being considered. I'm in one on Facebook and I'm always making sure one isn't coming around my area.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If one came here, I would move somewhere else. That is for sure. But I live in a small town. Close to the red river in Texas close to the country. Nothing really major goes on here, but I will definately look it up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts