Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
what a sweet face!! love the last high five picture! welcome :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
cute pup, love the one of the two of them snuggling, very cute.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone!
She was growing slow, then i found out I hadnt been feeding her enough, about half of her daily feeding that was required... I would just take 2 handfuls thinking it was cups per feeding, then i actually measured out cups and realized the difference...
Now I feed her 2 cups in the morning, and 3 for dinner. She's getting a growth spurt now! she'll be a year at the end of march.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
wait you are feeding 5 cups of food a day? that seems a bit much, but every dog is different. Also if you dog is spayed or neutered you should feed less. I have always heard the amount on the package is so the dog food can make money, not whats best for your dog. Keep an eye on the weight but you don't want to feed too much too soon if they are not used it it you know?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wait you are feeding 5 cups of food a day? that seems a bit much, but every dog is different. Also if you dog is spayed or neutered you should feed less. I have always heard the amount on the package is so the dog food can make money, not whats best for your dog. Keep an eye on the weight but you don't want to feed too much too soon if they are not used it it you know?
generally 2 in the morning, and 3 at about 4 o clock or 5 everyday for the last couple feeds. She is spayed, got it done a couple days after i got her (she lived with a male boxer and male american bulldog mix, both still intact.
:doggy:

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
generally 2 in the morning, and 3 at about 4 o clock or 5 everyday for the last couple feeds. She is spayed, got it done a couple days after i got her (she lived with a male boxer and male american bulldog mix, both still intact.
:doggy:
My boy gained like 8 pounds after he was neutered, kept the same exercise and didn't know I should have cut back on the kibbles as well. If that works for you pup then go for it, probably bigger than my boy is anyway :). I just know I went from 3 cups a day to 1 and a half cups a day after he was neutered and I realized what I was doing to him. Every dog is different though, if you notice too much you might want to consider a change since all dogs are different :)

My vet lets me pop in so I get to use the same scale each time since they are all different. You could try and see if you could do that every month to see if she is getting the right type of response you want.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes, well i met a potential roomate befored i decided it was not a good idea to house with him... but he had a 4.5 month old male that was supposably purebred who was the exact same size, if not a little bit bigger than my girl, who was double his age at the time. I think it could be the mastiff in her making her take longer to grow.. i dont know tho... i wasnt feeding her properly before bc i didnt have a measuring cup, ever since i got one tho, she seems to be growing slowly. we'll see.. she's still got 7-10 monthes from what ive read to get full grown.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yes, well i met a potential roomate befored i decided it was not a good idea to house with him... but he had a 4.5 month old male that was supposably purebred who was the exact same size, if not a little bit bigger than my girl, who was double his age at the time. I think it could be the mastiff in her making her take longer to grow.. i dont know tho... i wasnt feeding her properly before bc i didnt have a measuring cup, ever since i got one tho, she seems to be growing slowly. we'll see.. she's still got 7-10 monthes from what ive read to get full grown.
that would explain it, lol those are big doggies!! lol yeah the height will usually be about a year but they don't mature or fill out until after 2 years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts