Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Name is Elz and me and my girlfriend just actually bought a lil pit. He's a lil grey and white blue/red nose mix! So i have a few questions and i hope you guys can help which im sure you can...

Well for starters he's only 8 weeks

whats the best way to puppy train em?

how can i make him muscular....I dont want him all super big like alot of those bullies i just want him to have muscle on him when he grows....his dad was big and full of muscle and i would like him to be the same! Only thing is he was the smallest out of the litter but i heard his dad was too and now hes the biggest.

any other advice you guys can give me would be very helpful please im open to everything.

I believe all dogs are the same regardless of what breed but im used to only having labs or shitzus but i want my pit to be a nice healthy strong fun pit......so please any suggestions would do! I appreciate them all...thank u!!

Elz

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
welcome, there is a ton of information in the search so take a look at that information. But I think the main thing is to make sure you never ever leave your dog alone with other animals, no matter how much you think your dog would be OK. Also, blue and red are colors, if you had a blue/red nose mix your dogs nose would be purple. :) Post up some pics and ask ask ask questions! Also, your pup isn't a large breed so make sure to feed him regular puppy food, not large breed. (not that you are but a lot of people do not realize that)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Are you asking what breeds would eat large breed food? Like a Rottweiler or Mastiff great Dane, pups over 100lbs once at adult age. The large food has all weights on their packages so it can get confusing.

Also, these dogs are NOT the same as every other dog. A huge part is the owner, but you can NEVER except a bulldog not to fight ever. You dog may not start a fight, but he will finish it. A pit bull type dog needs to be respected and since BSL is so at large, us as owners need to respect that so we don't give forces that support BSL a reason. A big mistake new owners make is thinking their dog is like any other dog. They are not. They like human friends and do NOT need other animal friends. Looking forward to seeing your pics :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts