Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it goin guy's? Just passing by to drop some pictures of Mala's puppies. She had 9 puppies on October 22nd, they are now 3 months and a few days old. Im spaying Mala, because well, I dont want her going through THAT again...She lost ALOT of weight, and changed alot since she gave birth...It took me alot to get her weight back. But either way, she did great for a pit her size...proud of her.
Mala was VERY VERY easy for me to train, when she was a pup...it's like she learned basic obedience and her little tricks almost automaticly...BUT, I kept 2 pups out of the litter, and aparently ones a quicker learner then the other (but both are very smart though), but they are both VERY hard headed lol I'll eventually train them, its no big deal...but i do need some help...

I dont believe in sending any dog to a school for somebody ELSE to train them...I believe that the best trainer for a dog is his owner...I know Mala wont listen to anybody but me lol...But, I want to train both these pups to be guard dogs...any tips or help?

Luna is the female i kept, and Capone is the boy (look @ the HEAD on the pup!!! haha)...Capone is more cooperative, Luna understands the commands and eventually does what i command her to do, but she loves testing me lol As for there temper, well, Capone is very calm and is a bit of a "scaredy cat" (lol) but doesnt let Luna mess with him too long....LUNA on the other hand, seem's to have a very BAD temper (which im dealing with atm)...but its more of animal agression, cause she's fine by humans, and very playfull. So yeah, thats there personality right there lol Hope that helps...and THANKS!!!

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Looks like you were well versed on why not to breed your girl .. And yet you bred her anyway :( I am sad that you bred her because she doesn't have paper's and there was no real reason to have bred in her the first place. But I am happy that you are finally going to do what you should have done the first time around and get the dam spayed. Glad the pups are doing well and hope you are able to place them responsibly I think you should spay and neuter the pups as well before you send them to their new homes that way this cycle can't repeat itself ... Best of luck to you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like you were well versed on why not to breed your girl .. And yet you bred her anyway :( I am sad that you bred her because she doesn't have paper's and there was no real reason to have bred in her the first place. But I am happy that you are finally going to do what you should have done the first time around and get the dam spayed. Glad the pups are doing well and hope you are able to place them responsibly I think you should spay and neuter the pups as well before you send them to their new homes that way this cycle can't repeat itself ... Best of luck to you
Yeah well, I thought about spaying Mala before she was bred...But, i love her and I just wanted to have puppies of her for myself...its a personal issue lol. But yes, im spaying her...Ive never seen her look so horrible in my life lol She was a strong, atheletic little bitch lol but after birth, she lost a HUGE amount of weight...I couldnt even stand looking at her for long. But now, she's fat lol Im giving her exersize so she can turn that fat into muscle, but i fattened her now, so im calmer about that.
Im making sure the puppies go to good homes...ive got my 2 puppies and 4 more....i gave away 3 puppies to friends (that i trust of course), because if i put out the word that ive got pitbull pups for SALE, im just gonna get alot of dog fighters trying to buy them, and i hate dog fighters...So, id wrather keep the pups and GIVE them away to people i know are going to keep them and arent going to hurt them...So yeah, I dont feel bad about the breeding, but I wouldnt put Mala through it again. Thats my baby :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sad that you bred her because she doesn't have paper's and there was no real reason to have bred in her the first place.
Oh, and i forgot about this part....Look, Im doing what ever possible to get her papers, even if it has no pedigree...I dont mind. See, I dont see a dog like that...I think pedigree's are great for knowing where the dog comes from, but the reality is, that papers and a pedigrees are just...papers to me. I understand how important it is to know where the dogs come from, because of agression problems in past generations & what not, but either way, no matter where the dog comes from and no matter how good or bad there pedigree is, the dog will turn out to be how his or her owner TRAINS them to be. Even a pitbull puppy that has nothing but fighters in hs pedigree, can be trained and raised to be a house dog. Just sayin.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Quote "I dont believe in sending any dog to a school for somebody ELSE to train them...I believe that the best trainer for a dog is his owner...I know Mala wont listen to anybody but me lol...But, I want to train both these pups to be guard dogs...any tips or help?"

Cute pups, but I just wanted to say that Pit Bulls/Bullys aren't meant to be guard dogs, so I doubt you'll find any training help or tips here.

Also, I realize the pups are still young, but if Luna is showing signs of DA, please think about keeping her separated from her mother and brother when you're not there to supervise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Quote "I dont believe in sending any dog to a school for somebody ELSE to train them...I believe that the best trainer for a dog is his owner...I know Mala wont listen to anybody but me lol...But, I want to train both these pups to be guard dogs...any tips or help?"

Cute pups, but I just wanted to say that Pit Bulls/Bullys aren't meant to be guard dogs, so I doubt you'll find any training help or tips here.

Also, I realize the pups are still young, but if Luna is showing signs of DA, please think about keeping her separated from her mother and brother when you're not there to supervise.
Hey, thanks for the advice!!! But yes, all the pups are away from there mother already, but Luna is always with Capone...but yeah, ill try seperating them. And im guessing that you say pits arent meant to be guard dogs because of the damage they do? lol Well, i think they are perfect for protection lol But, i know where your coming from.....And, i LOVE YOUR PIT!!! GORGEOUS!!!

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Oh, and i forgot about this part....Look, Im doing what ever possible to get her papers, even if it has no pedigree...I dont mind. See, I dont see a dog like that...I think pedigree's are great for knowing where the dog comes from, but the reality is, that papers and a pedigrees are just...papers to me. I understand how important it is to know where the dogs come from, because of agression problems in past generations & what not, but either way, no matter where the dog comes from and no matter how good or bad there pedigree is, the dog will turn out to be how his or her owner TRAINS them to be. Even a pitbull puppy that has nothing but fighters in hs pedigree, can be trained and raised to be a house dog. Just sayin.
You cannot train Human Aggression away those dog's are unstable and have to be out down! Without knowing anything about the past dogs behind both parents bred you run the risk of passing off not only temperament issues like HA to the offspring, but you also don't know what other health problems are behind the dog's you bred because you have no pedigree no way of looking at each dog individually. Paper's don't make a dog good or bad ... But they damn sure tell a story and ANY responsible breeder is not going to breed dog's from unknown unproven linage. And if your looking for guard dog's you have the wrong breed in mind. These dog's are working gladiator's they are not guard dog's ... Dog men used these dog's for fighting purposes therefore they had to be able to have complete control over these dog's at all times in the box. So breeding Human Aggressive dog's was not an option this trait was selectively culled in the breed that's why this breed is so wonderful with humans unless of course you have an unstable dog who displays HA and in that case that dog should be PTS as it is a bad representative of the breed as a whole. I own 2 dogs who stem from nothing but fighting dog's I know how wonderful they are my dog's are both house dog's who stem from nothing but proven box dog's. I don't have to train them to do anything other than to have basic manner's they are DA which is common in the breed and it's controlled by me.

One double bred Jeep/Redboy

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [175576] :: AKA X FINALE

The other Redboy/Mayday/Mims

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [328954] :: A'S BOGART

·
Registered
21 Posts
You cannot train Human Aggression away those dog's are unstable and have to be put down! Without knowing anything about the past dogs behind both parents bred you run the risk of passing off not only temperament issues like HA to the offspring, but you also don't know what other health problems are behind the dog's you bred because you have no pedigree no way of looking at each dog individually. Paper's don't make a dog good or bad ... But they damn sure tell a story and ANY responsible breeder is not going to breed dog's from unknown unproven linage. And if your looking for guard dog's you have the wrong breed in mind. These dog's are working gladiator's they are not guard dog's ... Dog men used these dog's for fighting purposes therefore they had to be able to have complete control over these dog's at all times in the box. So breeding Human Aggressive dog's was not an option this trait was selectively culled in the breed that's why this breed is so wonderful with humans unless of course you have an unstable dog who displays HA and in that case that dog should be PTS as it is a bad representative of what these dog's shouldn't be. I own 2 dogs who stem from nothing but fighting dog's I know how wonderful they are my dog's are both house dog's who stem from nothing but proven box dog's. I don't have to train them to do anything other than to have basic manner's they are DA which is common in the breed and it's controlled by me.

One double bred Jeep/Redboy

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [175576] :: AKA X FINALE

The other Redboy/Mayday/Mims

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [328954] :: A'S BOGART
I dont know if by "out down" you mean "put down", but either way, they are only 3 months old...they have time to learn.
And i had the father of these pups (Diablo) too...he was about 3 or 4 years old, not sure...HE was a fight dog, and was agressive AT FIRST...i only gave him away because Mala got pregnant and HE ate too much food lol now, he's a guard dog in a family friends house...thats why i say these pups have that guardian instinct in them...I for myself saw him mark his territory here for 2 days and guard my home. But the point is, that he was a fight dog and agressive, and by the time i found him a home, he was interacting with people and he was pretty well behaved...funny thing is, that he wasnt ANIMAL agressive lol But yeah, again, i understand.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Hey, thanks for the advice!!! But yes, all the pups are away from there mother already, but Luna is always with Capone...but yeah, ill try seperating them. And im guessing that you say pits arent meant to be guard dogs because of the damage they do? lol Well, i think they are perfect for protection lol But, i know where your coming from.....And, i LOVE YOUR PIT!!! GORGEOUS!!!
Actually, what I was trying to say is that these dogs aren't meant to be guard dogs because the breed is not naturally human aggressive nor should it be trained to be that way. Doing so only encourages people to believe the hype that Pit Bulls are "killers" and contributes to the bad reputation these dogs already have.

If you're looking for a guard dog, please find a different breed.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my pup. =)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Hey Lost glad to see you back on the forum. So Mala had puppies wow 9 of them. That was alot for her. Glad she back on the road to recovery. I am not sure I understand what you are saying about Lina is showing human aggression or is she just showing APBT dog aggression. If she is showing human aggression I would put her down I am sorry that sounds harsh but you don't want your dogs causing harm to anyone do you? If she is 3mo old and shwing dog aggression or aggression to other animals then I would make sure you have the proper chain set up for her so she doesn't hurt our other dogs or any other animals that happen to pass by.

This breed isn't really meant for protection you can train them but it goes againest their nature.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Hey Lost glad to see you back on the forum. So Mala had puppies wow 9 of them. That was alot for her. Glad she back on the road to recovery. I am not sure I understand what you are saying about Lina is showing human aggression or is she just showing APBT dog aggression. If she is showing human aggression I would put her down I am sorry that sounds harsh but you don't want your dogs causing harm to anyone do you? If she is 3mo old and shwing dog aggression or aggression to other animals then I would make sure you have the proper chain set up for her so she doesn't hurt our other dogs or any other animals that happen to pass by.

This breed isn't really meant for protection you can train them but it goes againest their nature.
:goodpost:
I'll post my one of my experiences- my bully will just bark at you when you come upstairs- he might even let off a growl. Half of the time he doesn't move off his bed when someone comes near. Only time he might " get in your face," is when you go near my daughter. With that- he will just sit between the person and my daughter watching you. However, my GSD wont let you in. I've never attack trained them at all. It's too much work and a big liability for a relatively uneducated/ inexperienced person in the breed. I suggest another breed.
Good luck-

Reactions: MY MIKADO

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
I dont know if by "out down" you mean "put down", but either way, they are only 3 months old...they have time to learn.
And i had the father of these pups (Diablo) too...he was about 3 or 4 years old, not sure...HE was a fight dog, and was agressive AT FIRST...i only gave him away because Mala got pregnant and HE ate too much food lol now, he's a guard dog in a family friends house...thats why i say these pups have that guardian instinct in them...I for myself saw him mark his territory here for 2 days and guard my home. But the point is, that he was a fight dog and agressive, and by the time i found him a home, he was interacting with people and he was pretty well behaved...funny thing is, that he wasnt ANIMAL agressive lol But yeah, again, i understand.
He ate to much food? And yet you have a litter and keep 2 ...
You do know that now you have 3 mouths to feed and a lot more work.
Best of Luck .......

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Yep well said Ronnie I have to agree ... I don't want to come down on this guy but it really is a sad case .. I hope he won't breed these pups later on .. I just don't understand the mind set of some people. But hey we can only try and help if people are not willing to listen what can we do?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yep well said Ronnie I have to agree ... I don't want to come down on this guy but it really is a sad case .. I hope he won't breed these pups later on .. I just don't understand the mind set of some people. But hey we can only try and help if people are not willing to listen what can we do?
:goodpost:

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Aright everyone take a step back. he does not live in thsi counrty so he has different values plus we don't know if he was without a job for awhile or some unexpected bills came up anything could have happened for him to say the dog ate too much them he laughed. People jumped all over him the last time he was here so lets try to be civil this time around.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm sorry, but I disagree here.

This is the reason the breed has a bad name.

This person insisted on breeding the dog for nothing more than wanting a puppy like the mother/father... regardless of the wonderful information and advice that was given to them from this forum.

Then claim they had no money to care for the male that they bred her with. If you have no money to feed the male, how in the world can you properly care for a whole litter of puppies? Food, vet visits, toys etc. You have no money to feed the male what makes you think you'll have the money to feed two more growing puppies that you are talking about keeping?

I don't mean to come off offensive in any way, I just don't seem to understand I guess..

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Hence my other post we do not know the whole story. You can make assumptions that is wrong. I wont say it again. Do not jump on him for what he did in the past. the puppies are here and he is asking a question. If you want to contribute to the thread keep it to the topic at hand. Not what he should have done or did do or what you would have done. that doesn't serve any purpose.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hence my other post we do not know the whole story. You can make assumptions that is wrong. I wont say it again. Do not jump on him for what he did in the past. the puppies are here and he is asking a question. If you want to contribute to the thread keep it to the topic at hand. Not what he should have done or did do or what you would have done. that doesn't serve any purpose.
Okie Dokie:clap:

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
He is in Puerto Rico which is part of this country well it's US territory anyway ... I do agree that the pups are here now we can't do anything but help in anyway we can. I am still very much saddened though by the outcome. I hope the OP will at least spay/neuter the pups now that they are here so they can't be bred in the future that is the best advice I think I can give now that all is said and done.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts