Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Just joined the forum, and trying to start my network of pitbull lovers.

My boyfriend has owned several in his lifetime, but I am new to this and trying to learn as much as I can. I have briefly browsed the forum -- good stuff here. I know I'm going to learn a lot.

I/We have been putting off adding a pitbull to our little two person family for going on two years now. It's not that we don't have the room, time, or finances for it .. it's NEW JERESY and the public in general. Right now, I am finishing up school and even though this is a great time to buy a home, I'm just not sure where I will end up a few years from now and don't want to tie myself down to one place. With that being said, we have been renting homes for the past few years. Our lease is up in July, and we are starting to look at breeder sites and get an idea of what we are up against cost wise. We know we will need to rent another home, being that no apartments will allow pitbulls. I feel like we will have a better chance at keeping one if we rent a home.

Anyone else in New Jersey have a problem with this? It's driving me nuts. We are completely ready and anxious to buy, but we don't want to be impulsive and need to think about the future. When we do get one, NOTHING is going to come in between me and keeping that dog. Even if I have to live in a cardboard box. LOL.

End of my rant. I hate the stigma. =\.

If anyone knows of any places in New Jersey that do not give into this dumb stigma, please let me know.

-Kait

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Yeah it totally sucks!! Well I find that most apartment complexes do not rent to dogs over 20lbs (or have BSL on some breeds) so it kinda creates the ban by default. If you look for owner occupied multifamily or places that are not though an agency you may have better luck. I hope you find a place so you can get a pup soon! Welcome to the group and not trying to be a pain and so you know pit bull is two words :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
hey NO PROBLEM at all I figured since you said you wanted to learn you would want to know lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts