Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce us to your forum. Our family is now the proud owner of a new pitbull/mix puppy! Let me be the first to say I never thought I would own a pit, EVER because of personal reasons, but here I am now with a new little boy! :)

His name is Dice, he is now about 3 months old (or so that's what the vet told us), you see, he is a rescue from our local shelter and we adore him! His shelter paperwork said pitbull, and all of his siblings looked full pit, but our vet said probably a mix cuz his coat is a bit longer than a pure breed. Anyways, he's adorable and sweet and he's got a huge head and decent size paws...LOL. He's a little on the thin side and he's been on deworming meds for almost 2 weeks now so hopefully that will help. And he's so slow to be potty trained, don't remember any of my other dogs ever taking this long to learn not to go in the house but he's doing great in his crate at night so I'm hopeful he'll get there soon.

Anyways, I might have lots of questions down the line and hope to get to know more of you and your pets on this forum. Thanks for looking! Amber

he looks so sad, our own personal Eeyore!

my son, Dice (after his surgery) and my other 2 dogs...so cute

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Welcome to the family! :)

Dice is a super cutie :D. There is lots to learn with owning a breed like ours so look around and be sure to ask questions we love to help the newbies out.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome :) your in the right place to learn! He is adorable! Looks like a black lab/pit mix possibly. I love the Eyore pic lol!

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Most all new owners say the same thing.. No Worries..... it is usually influence from media and misinformed family, we all go through it.. well most of us. Its AWESOME that your here and your a APBT owner now ;) Welcome, Welcome, Welcome...

Richard Stratton.. Louis Colby.. are the leading authorities on the breed, but gather all the APBT history books for your own library. Books on the History of the American Pit Bull Terrier

Ask, learn, and apply yourself... A sound owner raises a sound dog, dog parks not a good idea, but fetch games and when time comes jogging partner.. Swimming is great work for all ages.. Stay active stay up on your game because EVERYONE will tell YOU all kinds of MISINFORMATION.. Gather the books from the site I posted if you have a cheaper source use it..

Share many pics!! We like to watch em grow! Thanks for joining and welcome to the APBT world :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! Super glad to be here, thanks for the nice welcome. :)

We've already bought a couple of books on pits and I want to make him as sociable as possible so he'll be a safe pet for the whole family. Like I've been told not to play tug-of-war with him, but I was told dog parks were okay, especially to start him out as a puppy so he can get socialized with other animals. We're also interested in maybe getting into the weight pulling thing when he gets older, that looks really cool. :pup:

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Thanks everyone! Super glad to be here, thanks for the nice welcome. :)

We've already bought a couple of books on pits and I want to make him as sociable as possible so he'll be a safe pet for the whole family. Like I've been told not to play tug-of-war with him, but I was told dog parks were okay, especially to start him out as a puppy so he can get socialized with other animals. We're also interested in maybe getting into the weight pulling thing when he gets older, that looks really cool. :pup:
STAY FAR AWAY from dog parks. To many uneducated owners at them with there dogs and it's a very uncontrolled enviroment for your pup. Take him to a basic obedience puppy class to socialize him. It's a controlled enviroment where everyone is on a leash. I used to go to dog parks a long time ago with some of my past dogs. To many people standing around sipping on there starbucks coffee and paying no mind to fido fighting with another dog 50 feet away. Just not a good idea IMO. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts