Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone, Im new here and Just wanting to learn as much as I can about pitbulls from people who REALLY know about them. I don't Have one right now but I will have a pup in the next 3 months . I have a love and passion for dogs , my childhood dog was a doberman whom i loved dearly .

I live up in St.cloud Minnesota right now , formally from St.paul ,

just a guy looking forward to all the information i can get from everyone and hope to contribute also!

from reading the intros it seems like the community is great .

thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum. Great to see people researching a breed beore they jump in. Do you have a breeding you are waiting on or are you rescueing or just still looking for that pup? Lots of people here to help with any questions or even to help you find the right pup. Have you ever had a APBT before or american bully?

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I love it when people are proactive and learn about a breed before they get a pup!

If I may ask, what draws you to the breed? Where will you be getting your pup from?

Again, welcome to GP!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the fast response . these are actually the questions I am trying to answer , a little bit more about my self. i am very athletic, just finished my last year of college football. and now i will have time to devote to a dog of my own. A friend of mine has a bully and another has a more traditional apbt . I think id appreciate a more athletic dog because i love to run and get outside. What attracts me to the breed is actually the experiences ive had in the past babysitting them. They are SOO smart and obedient when treated properly and show loyalty , im looking for a lifelong companion that shows the same attitude towards life as I do. i feel like the breed reflects me the most. My doberman was nice but much too large . I live in an apartment that will allow a smaller sized dog . . . and I think its crazy how these dogs get such a bad reputation , i feel like once you spend time with one you see how much potential to be great companions they have.

so if this helps at all anyone wanting to point me in the right direction or even give me pointers on what to look for when picking out of a litter id really appreciate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also Im in minnesota . . and i dont know of breeders around here, Id like to get a dog with papers though .

theres plenty of byb out here but idk if thats a good idea?

By the way ill be wanting a Pup !

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and ask away, thats what i did when i got here. You wouldnt imagine all the help and information i got.

welcomes from california

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Well, a true APBT is a very intense dog and have tendencies towards dog aggression so you would have to be willing to give up any desire to visit dog parks. These are people oriented dogs and don't need dog "friends". Their devotion to humans is what makes them such amazing companions but they are also stubborn and intense animals so just make sure you fully understand the commitment you are making. APBTs are not for the novice dog owner.

I myself have what we refer to as a "pet bull" and recognize that I am probably not fully prepared for a true APBT and that's okay.

Just ask away and we can help you determine which of the "pit bull" breeds would best fit your lifestyle.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
A side note, if your renting check ahead of time to see if there are breed restrictions. Thats what IM seeing the most of lately in these "pet" friendly apartments, is they have a problem with these bully breeds. May want to double check before hand.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Yes as Angel said make sure your bully breed will be excepted as most places don't allow them for insurance or other reasons. Welcome to the forum, and I hope you find what you are looking for. Take your time, you seem to be very interested in getting the right dog rather than the first dog that comes along so that is great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts