Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi my name is Leila and my pup is Luigi. he was surrendered at a shelter in baltimore when he was 10 weeks old, and my husband and I adopted him through a rescue group that pulled him from the shelter. he is now a BIG goofy boy, he will be 2 at the end of december. he is super rowdy and extremely high energy, we are still working hard on manners and impulse control, he is very, very friendly and happy, and just doesn't understand why anyone would not want 75 lbs of pit bull mutt in their lap and sticking his tongue down their throat. He has a major puppy brain still, but in a rather large, very strong body. He is a work in progress, but we are never bored.

Luigi is our second shelter pit bull, unfortunately Vito, who i loved desperately, had an unstable temperament and after LOTS of agonising and 2 behaviorists, we made the heartbreaking decision to put him down. i trusted him completely, but he was so sure that all humans under 10 or so were a direct threat to him, and we simply couldn't take the chance that he would one day really succeed in "defending himself". No one was hurt past a bruise, but that was due to management only.:(

I still miss him every day, but Luigi is the oposite of Vito in most ways, he loves everyone indiscriminately, but is wild, mishchievious, noisy and large:roll: So i am kept on my toes. Luigi started a prey model raw diet a few months ago, and we are loving the results, though I got a bit carried away and he now has a few pounds to lose, hasn't slowed him down though:hammer:

Look forward to meeting you guys!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum , looking forward to more pics :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
welcome to the forum .. you did a good thing .. both with the luigi and vito also .. Some people like myself arent strong enough to make that decision ..

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
good for you for making the nest choice for your family and the breed. welcome to the group :) and I look forward to hearing stories and seeing more pics of your pup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts