1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome :) pictures would be nice ;)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Very cute :) the albums don't work on here.....apparently they haven't in a while ;) we do have a picture thread on the forum so you can always post pics there.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
hey welcome! My sister used to live in Arnold, MD I have been in that area, it was really nice. Except I was told Ice coffee was "out of season". That made no sense to me since there is always room in the fridge for some coffee. lol Cute pups!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iced coffee out of season?! That is hilarious! lol I go through Arnold all the time my kids live in Glen Burnie. I think I posted a pic in the pic thread?

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
i see, just looking to find a play buddie for my lil boost. havent found anyone with a puppy that is hes size yet. all my friends dogs are older lol
Sorry to harp on you right off the bat, but your pup doesn't need any doggy friends. Due to his breed or mixes there of, it's not highly suggested that he have any playmates, other than you and your human family members. I suggest you go to http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/36349-pitbulls-dog-parks.html, and read all about dog parks and why we as owners steer clear of them. This will help you to better understand why your dog doesn't need playmates.

To the OP, and p350gt, welcome to the pack! I do hope you enjoy your stay on our yard. Yes, the albums are broken, and have been for sometime. Maybe one day, our admin will figure out how to fix them. Until then, you'll just have to settle for attaching or uploading pix in the picture section of the forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand about the dog parks don't plan on taking him. :) My neck of the woods is just that lots of woods! And a cleared over half acre to play in. Plus plenty of people here that love him lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to harp on you right off the bat, but your pup doesn't need any doggy friends. Due to his breed or mixes there of, it's not highly suggested that he have any playmates, other than you and your human family members. I suggest you go to http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/36349-pitbulls-dog-parks.html, and read all about dog parks and why we as owners steer clear of them. This will help you to better understand why your dog doesn't need playmates.

To the OP, and p350gt, welcome to the pack! I do hope you enjoy your stay on our yard. Yes, the albums are broken, and have been for sometime. Maybe one day, our admin will figure out how to fix them. Until then, you'll just have to settle for attaching or uploading pix in the picture section of the forum.
well i never said anything about dog parks. and this is my 4th pit ive own. i always get them use to playing with other dogs as soon as i get him. im not saying that i fully 1000000% trust him with other dogs. but its a good way to break them in and get them aware of playing with others. i know that most of you all here can agree with that link you posted. but im 50/50 on that subject.

IMO if you keep your dog away from other dogs and not get them use to playing with others. YOU are setting yourself up for your dogs failure. say he does break free from you and then runs up on another dog 2 houses down. being a dog that isnt use to playing with others. i feel like thats more of a chance for him to act up or harm other dogs. but hey im the new guy what do i know right?? :thumbsup:

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
well i never said anything about dog parks. and this is my 4th pit ive own. i always get them use to playing with other dogs as soon as i get him. im not saying that i fully 1000000% trust him with other dogs. but its a good way to break them in and get them aware of playing with others. i know that most of you all here can agree with that link you posted. but im 50/50 on that subject.

IMO if you keep your dog away from other dogs and not get them use to playing with others. YOU are setting yourself up for your dogs failure. say he does break free from you and then runs up on another dog 2 houses down. being a dog that isnt use to playing with others. i feel like thats more of a chance for him to act up or harm other dogs. but hey im the new guy what do i know right?? :thumbsup:
I'm not trying to insinuate that you don't know anything. Nor am I saying that you're wrong in your way of thinking. Many of us here have multiple dog homes, and although they were able to play with other dogs as pups, it doesn't mean that they'll be able to go around a strange dog and not exert DA, especially when out of your control. I was simply using the Dog park thread as an example. My own dogs, one APBT, one possible GSD mix, play just fine, but they do get a little heated with each other and I have to separate them. I know that one day, they'll no longer be able to be around each other because I can tell by their actions with each other now. Also, neither one of them can be around my Chi, as the Chi is DA towards both of them (I call it Big Dog syndrome), and my mutt is DA towards the Chi (he wants to eat him, literally). My APBT thinks she wants to play, but I can read her body language and can see it'll progress to prey drive or full on DA if I allow her to be near the Chi.

Anyways, we try to educate here, and teach old dogs new tricks, and new dogs old tricks, lol. While I understand your way of thinking, those of us who know our dogs, would be a fool to think that if one our dogs were to get loose and approach a strange dog, that NOTHING would happen. We may get lucky and not have anything too serious come of it, but with this breed, we should always expect the worst, and hope for the best. 9 times out of 10, it'll be somewhere in between the two, if you get what I'm saying.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts