Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is Sonny short for Sonatra, because of his blue eyes. He is 7 weeks old and a real sweetheart. Not sure of the actual breed of pit he is. If someone can tell me, I would greatly appreciate it. The mother looks just like him. The previous owner said the mother was gator pit. I did some research online and found out thats not a real breed. The father was huge, bout 70-80lbs and very friendly. I hope Sonny turns out with the same personallity. Anyhow glad I found this forum and look forward to reading all the great info here.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the pack. Just wanted to clarify for you that Gator and other names that are thrown around are actually Bloodlines, not different "breeds" or types of APBTs. If you do not have registration papers for your pup, or a pedigree to show what bloodlines your dog consists of, then there is no way to tell if he's even purebred, let alone what different bloodlines might be coursing through his veins. As for his personality and temper, those are two different things as well. He will be what you raise him to be, so if you socialize him with many different people, be proactive and keep him away from dog parks and supervise him constantly and invest the time and effort into raising a great dog, you will have just that. Be sure to stick around here and learn as much as possible, and don't hesitate to ask questions or for any needed advice. Thank you and welcome, again, to our pack. I do hope you enjoy your stay here, and that you and Sonny reap the benefits of being part of such a wonderful, and educational family here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I currently have 2 other dogs(pom and mixed breed) that are both small. They are getting along pretty good. The mixed breed is an older (11yrs) and sometimes gets a little cranky with him, but other than that they do good together. I hope this stays this way.

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
Cute pup! But just so ya know most dogs are born with blue eyes and they change as the pup gets older. And from the size of the dad it sounds like you got yourself a bully there. And also note that blue eyes in an American Pit Bull Terrier are a fault....just so ya know ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By Bully, you American Pit Bull Terrier. Sorry but he is a first for me. Always wanted one just never had the opportunity to get one. His blue eyes maybe a fault but they look good. His mother kept her blue eyes and I am hoping he keeps his.

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
By Bully, you American Pit Bull Terrier. Sorry but he is a first for me. Always wanted one just never had the opportunity to get one. His blue eyes maybe a fault but they look good. His mother kept her blue eyes and I am hoping he keeps his.
Judging by the size of what you said his father was, I'm saying "Bully" as in AmBully. Which...is breed of dog that started as an APBT, but was bred for looks and size. Umm...maybe a bully fan can explain it better.

Blue eyes are a fault because they're not supposed to have them. As in an outcross to a diff breed was probably done at some point in order to acheive them. Not saying that's the case here, but odds are with the size of the dad. There's something else mixed in there somewhere. :D

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awwww Sonny is a total cutie and some APBT's can be 70lbs, but not many, lol, they were bred to be smaller, lol. I am glad you are here if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I love Sonny's color as well and he looks like he is having a blast playing with the other pup :D Thanks for sharing the pics :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
WELCOME!!!! What a CUTIE!!! He looks wo big next to the other dog and at first it looked like a golden haha I was like WHAT :) ANYWHO Alligator is a bloodline. not a diffrent breed as some said I think. And yeah most light pups and blue pups and some pups in genral are born with a lighter or bright blue colord eyes! It is VERY pretty and being that he is not paperd itll be awsome to see if he keeps them :) Hope you find your way around well.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks truepits92 for the comments. Actually the one that looks like a golden is a miniture poodle/blue tick mix. She about 15lbs. She's the ol' lady of the family. She just turned 11 last month. Its funny to see her put Sonny in his place sometimes. They get along great though. The bigger he gets, the more he looks like a Bully to me. We'll just have to see.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Omg! He is adorable!!! Like others have said, it's hard to tell you exactly if he's American Pit Bull Terrier.... or if he has anything else mixed in. Just love him and enjoy him! :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Really cute lil big head LOL just my 2 cents.Looks to be purebreed.Most likely a bully.I personally love all shapes and forms of pitters!!!

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
aww he is a cutie for sure, can't wait to see how he matures and welcome to the GP family

1 - 19 of 19 Posts