Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll admit, I used to be scared of pits... the news says we should be, right? After working for several vets and running into them enough I discovered that they are actually pretty goofy and less scary than a lot of labs. Mom was volunteering for the local SPCA and was given a dog to take to an event. It was Honey. She fell in love with the dog and told the desk people "If this dog's time comes, let me know. I will foster her". Her time came a month or so later (she'd already been there for 6 months) and no one called, but mom just happened to be in picking up flyers that day. She asked about Honey and the director froze "Honey? Honey!" and ran to the phone. They had actually been deciding between Honey and another pit at that exact moment. Mom immediately filled out the foster forms and Honey came home. The other pit was also spared and was actually adopted a week later.

Honey has been my best friend now for 2 years. She goes everywhere with me and is an awesome breed ambassador.

I found this site on google and it seems like a friendly community with a ton of good info.

· Work them Pet Bulls!
3,950 Posts
Aww. Welcome to GP! Glad you got over your fears. The media is a pit bulls #1 enemy! Honey is a doll! Glad you saved her :)

· Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to gp!!! There is so much information here, take the time out and read up on posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.