Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been so beautiful for the last week, I decided to get up early and take Dosia out to the river for Dock diving practice. Since we got there at 6:30 at the sun had been up for a while we had the whole park to ourselves and the water was really nice. Dosia is doing amazing, he did way better that what I expected.
Here's the Dock right before we hit it :)

After some stretches we did a few warm up swims :)

Then we went up on the dock. I wasn't really expecting him to jump this time since we haven't been on a real dock before, just using the pool, but he really got into it. At first he just kinda screamed at the toy and wandered back and forth on the dock but he was brave and took the dive :woof: Once he realized how fun it was he was all about it :)

thinking about it lol

taking the plunge

Then it was all fun and games :woof:

We had so much fun, I think we're gunna be getting up early more often ;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Great pics looks like fun and i think ive even been there before.lol @ him looking over the edge like hmmmm

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
o wow that looks like fun something cali would love, too bad there isnt a place like this around here :( we have parks an small raven but the water is shallow lol

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Awesome pics! I love getting up early and working my girl and myself ;) 5:30 a.m. everday as long as its nice out. Looks like Dosia had a blast!!!

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great pics looks like fun and i think ive even been there before.lol @ him looking over the edge like hmmmm
LOLL you should have heard him OMG I was like good thing were the only ones here cause people would think I was beating him loll.
o wow that looks like fun something cali would love, too bad there isnt a place like this around here :( we have parks an small raven but the water is shallow lol
Aww that sucks :( You should see if they have Splash Dog events close by you, they usually do training classes and they have a pool ;)
Awesome pics! I love getting up early and working my girl and myself ;) 5:30 a.m. everday as long as its nice out. Looks like Dosia had a blast!!!
Yea it was actually way nice getting up early. Usually there is no sign of life in this house before 10 loll. Were totally making a habit of it, it was fun :woof:

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Looking good! :) He'll be flying in no time!!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Awesome, looks like good fishing too, well before he jumped in.

Do you keep him on a lead while doing this?

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always have him on a lead when we are in a public park. You just never know.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LOL I bet those birds took off fast , my dogs love birds ;) , great pics , dosia looks like he had a blast I want to do that with one of our dogs justdont know where we could go to do that here , docks are usually packed lol

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aw that sucks. Our town is pretty small so we don't get much traffic down there in the mornings :) You guys need to come back to Cali and play in the river with us :)

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Great pics kg! Dosia is looking great :) haha yeah, California seems to have some wacky weather sometimes. Good pics though! :)

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
I wana see a vid of you and Dosia running down the dock and flying into the water together! :)

Good job though, looked like he was having alot of fun.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Thats what I thought. I have been wanting to do this and thinking of a way to keep a lead on her.
the lunge lines would probably work well for this , you can get them at any tack shop or some pet stores that carry horse stuff, they are just very long lines and if strong enough for a horse should be just fine for the dogs;)

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you guys so much for the kind words :) Were having so much fun with it.
LOL @ Dave, I'm about to go back right now and jump in it's freakin hot!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
thinking about it lol
aww that's the best picture ever! He looks like he is getting his nerve up and totally wants to jump but doesn't know, lol..... Looks like it was a BLAST!

·
Registered
471 Posts
great pics .. I wish I could get Izzo to do this , but shes just not havin it . lol she HATES the water

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
aww that's the best picture ever! He looks like he is getting his nerve up and totally wants to jump but doesn't know, lol..... Looks like it was a BLAST!
He totally was. He screamed at the toy for a minute before he got the courage loll
great pics .. I wish I could get Izzo to do this , but shes just not havin it . lol she HATES the water
LOL Dosia didn't really swim much till one day we took him to the lake and I left him on the shore and swam way out. He freaked like momma NO!!! LOLL ever since then he's loved the water, he'll even dive under and hold his breath :)
Go Dosia, go! That pup makes me smile every time :)
Aww thank you, We had such a blast. He didn't wanna go home but people started to show up and we were kinda hogging the boat ramp lol :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Great pics, kg. Dosia looks like he had a blast!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts